- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Organic Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 760517, 7 pages
Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel 5-[(3-Aralkyl Amido/Imidoalkyl) Phenyl]-1,2,4-Triazolo[3,4-b]-1,3,4-Thiadiazines as Antiviral Agents
1Department of Chemistry, University of Lucknow, Lucknow 226 007, India
2Division of Microbiology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, India
Received 28 April 2012; Accepted 7 June 2012
Academic Editors: A. Barbero and E. Lee-Ruff
Copyright © 2012 Vinod Kumar Pandey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. P. Aytaç, B. Tozkoparan, F. B. Kaynak, G. Aktay, Ö. Göktaş, and S. Ünüvar, “Synthesis of 3,6-disubstituted 7H-1,2,4-triazolo[3,4-b]-1,3,4-thiadiazines as novel analgesic/anti-inflammatory compounds,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 4528–4538, 2009.
- N. Nami, M. Forozani, V. Khosravimoghadam, and R. Taherinasam, “Synthesis and characterization of mono and bicycle heterocyclic derivatives containing 1,2,4-triazole, 1,3,4-thiadiazine and 1,3-thiazole ring,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 161–166, 2012.
- O. Prakash, D. K. Aneja, K. Hussain, et al., “Synthesis and biological evaluation of dihydroindeno and indeno [1,2-e] [1,2,4] triazolo [3,4-b][1, 3, 4] thiadiazines as antimicrobial agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 5065–5073, 2011.
- M. Altintop, Z. A. Kaplancikli, G. T. Zitouni, et al., “Synthesis and anticandidal activity of new triazolo thiadiazine derivatives,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 5562–5566, 2011.
- R. Mohammad, S. Ali, R. Mahsa, and B. Mehdi, “Synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of new heterocyclic system: [1,2,4] triazolo-[3′, 4′:6, 1] pyridazino-[4, 3-e] [1,3,4] thiadiazine,” Heterocyclic Communications, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 39–42, 2012.
- S. M. I. Badr and R. M. Barwa, “Synthesis of some new [1,2,4]triazolo[3,4-b][1,3,4]thiadiazines and [1,2,4]triazolo[3,4-b][1,3,4] thiadiazoles starting from 5-nitro-2-furoic acid and evaluation of their antimicrobial activity,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 4506–4512, 2011.
- G. V. S. Kumar, Y. R. Prasad, B. P. Mallikarjuna, and S. M. Chandrashekar, “Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of clubbed isopropylthiazole derived triazolothiadiazoles, triazolothiadiazines and mannich bases as potential antimicrobial and antitubercular agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 5120–5129, 2010.
- M. F. El Shehry, A. A. Abu-Hashem, and E. M. El-Telbani, “Synthesis of 3-((2,4-dichlorophenoxy)methyl)-1,2,4-triazolo(thiadiazoles and thiadiazines) as anti-inflammatory and molluscicidal agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1906–1911, 2010.
- B. S. Holla, P. M. Akberali, and M. K. Shivananda, “Studies on nitrophenylfuran derivatives: part XII. Synthesis, characterization, antibacterial and antiviral activities of some nitrophenylfurfurylidene-1,2,4-triazolo[3,4-b]-1,3,4-thiadiazines,” II Farmaco, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 919–927, 2001.
- N. A. Al-Masoudi and Y. A. Al-Soud, “New sulphonamide and carboxamide derivatives of acyclic C-nucleosides of triazolo-thiadiazole and the thiadiazine analogues. Synthesis, anti-HIV, and antitumor activities. Part 2,” Nucleosides, Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1034–1044, 2008.
- K. Dutta, P. N. Rangarajan, S. Vrati, and A. Basu, “Japanese encephalitis: pathogenesis, prophylactics and therapeutics,” Current Science, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 326–334, 2010.
- R. W. Sidwell and J. H. Huffman, “Use of disposable micro tissue culture plates for antiviral and interferon induction studies,” Applied Microbiology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 797–801, 1971.
- R. P. Tripathi, V. Singh, A. R. Khan, and A. P. Bhaduri, “Synthesis and antiviral activities of 3-O-(aminoalkyl)-1, 2-O-isopropylidene-D-gluco(xylo)furanoses,” Indian Journal of Chemistry B, vol. 34, pp. 791–795, 1995.
- E. Bedows and G. M. Hatfield, “An investigation of the antiviral activity of Podophyllum peltatum,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 725–729, 1982.
- V. K. Pandey, S. Yadava, K. Chandra, and M. N. Joshi, “Antiviral studies of 7-arylamido/lmido-alkyl-2,3-dihydro-2,3-diphenyl-1,3-benzoxazine-4-ones,” Indian Drugs, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 532–534, 1999.
- N. J. Schmidt, Diagnostic Procedure for Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, American Public Health Association, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1964, edited by E. H. Lennette and N. J. Schmidt.
- L. J. Reed and H. Muench, “A simple method of estimating fifty per cent endpoints,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 493–497, 1938.
- V. K. Pandey, S. Tusi, Z. Tusi, M. Joshi, and S. Bajpai, “Synthesis and biological activity of substituted 2,4,6-s-triazines,” Acta Pharmaceutica, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2004.
- H. K. Gakhar and J. K. Gill, “Pyrimido[4,5-e](1,2,4)-triazolo[3,4-b](1,3,4)-thiadiazine-7,9(6 H8 H)-diones,” Monatshefte für Chemie, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. 633–637, 1985.
- A. Einhorn and J. Tscherniac, Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- B. R. Nathani, K. S. Pandya, M. M. Jeni, D. J. Patel, and M. R. Patel, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new isatin derivatives,” Der Chemica Sinica, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 97–103, 2011.