- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 479482, 6 pages
Detection of Otosclerosis-Specific Measles Virus Receptor (Cd46) Protein Isoforms
1Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology, Budapest, Hungary
2University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Department of Rheumatology, Debrecen, Hungary
3University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Nagyerdei Krt. 98, Debrecen 4032, Hungary
Received 12 May 2013; Accepted 5 June 2013
Academic Editors: D. C. Alpini, K. Ishikawa, T. Just, M. Sone, and D. Thurnher
Copyright © 2013 Balázs Liktor et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. F. Schuknecht and W. Barber, “Histologic variants in otosclerosis,” Laryngoscope, vol. 95, no. 11, pp. 1307–1317, 1985.
- F. Declau, M. Van Spaendonck, J. P. Timmermans et al., “Prevalence of otosclerosis in an unselected series of temporal bones,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 596–602, 2001.
- T. Karosi, Z. Szekanecz, and I. Sziklai, “Otosclerosis: an autoimmune disease?” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 95–101, 2009.
- R. A. Chole and M. McKenna, “Pathophysiology of otosclerosis,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 249–257, 2001.
- F. H. Linthicum Jr., “Histopathology of otosclerosis,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 335–352, 1993.
- T. Karosi, A. Szalmás, P. Csomor, J. Kónya, M. Petkó, and I. Sziklai, “Disease-associated novel CD46 splicing variants and pathologic bone remodeling in otosclerosis,” Laryngoscope, vol. 118, no. 9, pp. 1669–1676, 2008.
- T. Karosi, J. Kónya, M. Petkó et al., “Antimeasles immunoglobulin G for serologic diagnosis of otosclerotic hearing loss,” Laryngoscope, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 488–493, 2006.
- M. J. McKenna, B. G. Mills, F. R. Galey, and F. H. Linthicum Jr., “Filamentous structures morphologically similar to viral nucleocapsids in otosclerotic lesions in two patients,” American Journal of Otology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 25–28, 1986.
- W. Arnold and I. Friedmann, “Otosclerosis: an inflammatory disease of the otic capsule of viral aetiology?” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 865–871, 1988.
- K. Van Den Bogaert, P. J. Govaerts, E. M. R. De Leenheer et al., “Otosclerosis: a genetically heterogeneous disease involving at least three different genes,” Bone, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2002.
- N. Dhiman, R. M. Jacobson, and G. A. Poland, “Measles virus receptors: SLAM and CD46,” Reviews in Medical Virology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 217–229, 2004.
- C. L. Karp, M. Wysocka, L. M. Wahl et al., “Mechanism of suppression of cell-mediated immunity by measles virus,” Science, vol. 273, no. 5272, pp. 228–231, 1996.
- M. Kawano, T. Seya, I. Koni, and H. Mabuchi, “Elevated serum levels of soluble membrane cofactor protein (CD46, MCP) in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE),” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 542–546, 1999.
- M. B. Lanteri, M. S. Powell, D. Christiansen et al., “Inhibition of hyperacute transplant rejection by soluble proteins with the functional domains of CD46 and Fcγ/RII,” Transplantation, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 1128–1136, 2000.
- I. Bel Hadj Ali, M. Thys, N. Beltaief et al., “A new locus for otosclerosis, OTSC8, maps to the pericentromeric region of chromosome 9,” Human Genetics, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 267–272, 2008.
- W. Chen, N. C. Meyer, M. J. Mckenna et al., “Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the COL1A1 regulatory regions are associated with otosclerosis,” Clinical Genetics, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 406–414, 2007.
- I. Schrauwen, M. Thys, K. Vanderstraeten et al., “Association of bone morphogenetic proteins with otosclerosis,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 507–516, 2008.
- M. Thys, I. Schrauwen, K. Vanderstraeten et al., “The coding polymorphism T263I in TGF-β1 is associated with otosclerosis in two independent populations,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 2021–2030, 2007.
- I. Schrauwen, M. Ealy, M. J. Huentelman et al., “A Genome-wide analysis identifies genetic variants in the RELN gene associated with otosclerosis,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 328–338, 2009.
- P. Csomor, I. Sziklai, and T. Karosi, “TNF-α receptor expression correlates with histologic activity of otosclerosis,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1131–1137, 2009.