- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 298753, 4 pages
Primary Closure without Diversion in Management of Operative Blunt Duodenal Trauma in Children
1University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536-0298, USA
3Kentucky Children's Hospital and Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536-0298, USA
4Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536-0298, USA
Received 14 September 2012; Accepted 8 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Sánchez-Solís and B. Vasarhelyi
Copyright © 2012 Katherine Smiley et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. H. Carrillo, J. D. Richardson, and F. B. Miller, “Evolution in the management of Duodenal injuries,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1037–1046, 1996.
- A. Hamilton and W. G. Humphreys, “Duodenal rupture complicating childhood non-accidental injury,” Ulster Medical Journal, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 221–223, 1985.
- J. N. Clendenon, R. L. Meyers, M. L. Nance, and E. R. Scaife, “Management of duodenal injuries in children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 964–968, 2004.
- E. J. Cerise and J. H. Scully Jr., “Blunt trauma to the small intestine,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 1970.
- G. S. Kakos, J. L. Grosfeld, and T. S. Morse, “Small bowel injuries in children after blunt abdominal trauma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 238–241, 1971.
- J. Shilyansky, R. H. Pearl, M. Kreller, L. M. Sena, and P. S. Babyn, “Diagnosis and management of duodenal injuries in children,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 880–886, 1997.
- M. Jansen, D. F. Du Toit, and B. L. Warren, “Duodenal injuries: surgical management adapted to circumstances,” Injury, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 611–615, 2002.
- C. E. Lucas and A. M. Ledgerwood, “Factors influencing outcome after blunt duodenal injury,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 839–846, 1975.
- E. E. Moore, T. H. Cogbill, M. A. Malangoni et al., “Organ injury scaling, II: pancreas, duodenum, small bowel, colon, and rectum,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1427–1429, 1990.
- A. J. Donovan and W. E. Hagen, “Traumatic perforation of the duodenum,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 341–350, 1966.
- A. P. Ladd, K. W. West, T. M. Rouse et al., “Surgical management of duodenal injuries in children,” Surgery, vol. 132, no. 4, pp. 748–753, 2002.
- T. H. Cogbill, E. E. Moore, D. V. Feliciano et al., “Conservative management of duodenal trauma: a multicenter perspective,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 1469–1475, 1990.