- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 108164, 4 pages
Microemulsion Drug Delivery System: For Bioavailability Enhancement of Ampelopsin
1Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, IPS Academy, Rajendra Nagar, Indore 452012, India
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Sri Balaji College of Pharmacy, Jaipur 302012, India
3Formulation Research and Development, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Hyderabad 500034, India
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 26 April 2012
Academic Editors: K. Arya, P. P. Nekkar Rao, and R. Zelkó
Copyright © 2012 Shailendra Singh Solanki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ye, Y. Guan, S. Zeng, and D. Liu, “Ampelopsin prevents apoptosis induced by H2O2 in MT-4 lymphocytes,” Planta Medica, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 252–257, 2008.
- G. Y. TAN, M. H. ZHANG, J. H. FENG, A. Y. HAN, S. S. ZHENG, and P. XIE, “Effects of pretreatment by the flavanol ampelopsin on porcine kidney epithelial cell injury induced by hydrogen peroxide,” Agricultural Sciences in China, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 598–604, 2010.
- S. Qi, Y. Xin, Y. Guo et al., “Ampelopsin reduces endotoxic inflammation via repressing ROS-mediated activation of PI3K/Akt/NF-κB signaling pathways,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 278–287, 2012.
- T. Kundaković, T. Stanojković, M. Milenković et al., “Cytotoxic, antioxidant, and antimicrobial activities of Ampelopsis brevipedunculata and Parthenocissus tricuspidata (Vitaceae),” Archives of Biological Sciences, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 641–647, 2008.
- L. P. Ruan, B. Y. Yu, G. M. Fu, and D. N. Zhu, “Improving the solubility of ampelopsin by solid dispersions and inclusion complexes,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 457–464, 2005.
- Ajazuddin and S. Saraf, “Applications of novel drug delivery system for herbal formulations,” Fitoterapia, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 680–689, 2010.
- X. Dong, X. Ke, and Z. Liao, “The microstructure characterization of meloxicam microemulsion and its influence on the solubilization capacity,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 894–900, 2011.
- C. Malcolmson and M. J. Lawrence, “Three-component non-ionic oil-in-water microemulsions using polyoxyethylene ether surfactants,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 97–109, 1995.
- P. P. Constantinides, J. P. Scalart, C. Lancaster et al., “Formulation and intestinal absorption enhancement evaluation of water-in-oil microemulsions incorporating medium-chain glycerides,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1385–1390, 1994.
- F. Lopez, G. Cinelli, L. Ambrosone, G. Colafemmina, A. Ceglie, and G. Palazzo, “Role of the cosurfactant in water-in-oil microemulsion: interfacial properties tune the enzymatic activity of lipase,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 237, no. 1–3, pp. 49–59, 2004.
- B. Brime, M. A. Moreno, G. Frutos, P. Ballesteros, and P. Frutos, “Amphotericin B in oil-water lecithin-based microemulsions: formulation and toxicity evaluation,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 1178–1185, 2002.
- A. A. Badawi, S. A. Nour, W. S. Sakran, and S. M. S. El-Mancy, “Preparation and evaluation of microemulsion systems containing salicylic acid,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1081–1084, 2009.
- P. K. Ghosh, R. J. Majithiya, M. L. Umrethia, and R. S. R. Murthy, “Design and development of microemulsion drug delivery system of acyclovir for improvement of oral bioavailability,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 7, no. 3, article 77, pp. E172–E177, 2006.
- A. K. Singh, A. Chaurasiya, A. Awasthi et al., “Oral bioavailability enhancement of exemestane from self-microemulsifying drug delivery system (SMEDDS),” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 906–916, 2009.
- J. G. Yang, B. G. Liu, G. Z. Liang, and Z. X. Ning, “Structure-activity relationship of flavonoids active against lard oil oxidation based on quantum chemical analysis,” Molecules, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 46–52, 2009.
- Y. S. Zhang, Z. X. Ning, S. Z. Yang, and H. Wu, “Antioxidation properties and mechanism of action of dihydromyricetin from Ampelopsis grossedentata,” Yaoxue Xuebao, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 241–244, 2003.
- X. Li, Q. Yuan, Y. Huang, Y. Zhou, and Y. Liu, “Development of silymarin self-microemulsifying drug delivery system with enhanced oral bioavailability,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 672–678, 2010.