- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 451481, 7 pages
Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Model of Newly Developed Dexibuprofen Sustained Release Formulations
Faculty of Pharmacy, AIMST University, Semeling, 08100 Bedong, Malaysia
Received 22 October 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editors: M. AghazadehTabrizi and A. Al-Achi
Copyright © 2012 Selvadurai Muralidharan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Bonabello, M. R. Galmozzi, R. Canaparo et al., “Dexibuprofen (S(+)-isomer ibuprofen) reduces gastric damage and improves analgesic and antiinflammatory effects in rodents,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 402–408, 2003.
- W. E. Kaufmann, K. I. Andreasson, P. C. Isakson, and P. F. Worley, “Cyclooxygenases and the central nervous system,” Prostaglandins, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 601–624, 1997.
- J. M. Lehmann, J. M. Lenhard, B. B. Oliver, G. M. Ringold, and S. A. Kliewer, “Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors α and γ are activated by indomethacin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 272, no. 6, pp. 3406–3410, 1997.
- H. Kojo, M. Fukagawa, K. Tajima et al., “Evaluation of human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) subtype selectivity of a variety of anti-inflammatory drugs based on a novel assay for PPARδ(β),” Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 347–355, 2003.
- J. Venitz, “Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of reversible drug effects,” in Handbook of Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Correlation, H. Derendorf and G. Hochhaus, Eds., vol. 1, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- A. Van Peer, E. Snoeck, M. L. Huang, and J. Heykants, “Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships in Phase I/Phase II of drug development,” European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 49–59, 1993.
- J. L. Steimer, M. E. Ebelin, and J. Van Bree, “Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data and models in clinical trials,” European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 61–76, 1993.
- R. Lieberman and J. McMichael, “Role of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic principles in rational and cost-effective drug development,” Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 423–428, 1996.
- H. A. El-Masri, R. S. Thomas, S. A. Benjamin, and R. S. H. Yang, “Physiologically based pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling of chemical mixtures and possible applications in risk assessment,” Toxicology, vol. 105, no. 2-3, pp. 275–282, 1995.
- E. A. Van Schaick, H. J. M. M. De Greef, A. P. Ijzerman, and M. Danhof, “Physiological indirect effect modeling of the antilipolytic effects of adenosine A1-receptor agonists,” Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 673–694, 1997.
- H. Boxenbaum and C. DiLea, “First-time-in-human dose selection: allometric thoughts and perspectives,” Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 957–966, 1995.
- J. L. Gabrielsson and D. L. Weiner, “Methodology for pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic data analysis,” Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Today, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 244–252, 1999.
- B. Meibohm and H. Dorendorf, “Basic concepts of pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modelling,” International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 401–413, 1997.
- G. Levy, “Mechanism-based pharmacodynamic modeling,” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 56, pp. 356–358, 1994.
- G. Levy, “Predicting effective drug concentrations for individual patients: determinants of pharmacodynamic variability,” Clinical Pharmacokinetics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 323–333, 1998.
- L. B. Sheiner, D. R. Stanski, and S. Vozeh, “Simultaneous modeling of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics: application to d-tubocurarine,” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 358–371, 1979.
- J. W. Mandema, B. Tuk, A. L. Van Steveninck, D. D. Breimer, A. F. Cohen, and M. Danhof, “Pharmcokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of the central nervous system effects of midazolam and its main metabolite α-hydroxymidazolam in healthy volunteers,” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 715–728, 1992.
- D. Y. Lee, K. U. Lee, J. S. Kwon et al., “Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of risperidone effects on electroencephalography in healthy volunteers,” Psychopharmacology, vol. 144, no. 3, pp. 272–278, 1999.
- N. L. Dayneka, V. Garg, and W. J. Jusko, “Comparison of four basic models of indirect pharmacodynamic responses,” Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 457–478, 1993.
- W. J. Jusko and H. C. Ko, “Physiologic indirect response models characterize diverse types of pharmacodynamic effects,” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 406–419, 1994.
- J. A. Bauer, J. P. Balthasar, and H. L. Fung, “Application of pharmacodynamic modeling for designing time-variant dosing regimens to overcome nitroglycerin tolerance in experimental heart failure,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1140–1145, 1997.
- J. J. Lima, J. J. Krukemyer, and H. Boudoulas, “Drug- or hormone-induced adaptation: model of adrenergic hypersensitivity,” Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 347–364, 1989.
- I. Ragueneau, C. Laveille, R. Jochemsen, G. Resplandy, C. Funck-Brentano, and P. Jaillon, “Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of the effects of ivabradine, a direct sinus node inhibitor, on heart rate in healthy volunteers,” Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 192–203, 1998.
- P. D. Sethi, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, New Delhi, India, 1st edition, 2001.
- J. kiyokatsu, Chromatographic Separations Based on Molecular Recognition, Wiley-VCH, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- L. R. Snyder, J. J. Kirkland, and J. L. Glajch, Practical HPLC Method Development, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition.
- J. M. Miller, Chromatography Concepts and Contrasts, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition, 2005.
- D. A. Skoog, D. M. West, and F. J. Holler, Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition, 1996.
- M. E. Wewers and N. K. Lowe, “A critical review of visual analogue scales in the measurement of clinical phenomena,” Research in Nursing & Health, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 227–236, 1990.