- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 547378, 7 pages
Influence of Surfactants and Dissolved Gases on the Silver Nanoparticle Plasmon Resonance Absorption Spectra Formed by the Laser Ablation Processes
1Department of Materials Science, Nagaoka National College of Technology, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-2188, Japan
2Department of General Science, Hachinohe National College of Technology, Hachinohe, Aomori 039-1104, Japan
Received 10 April 2013; Accepted 15 May 2013
Academic Editors: D. Knopf, T. Panczyk, and S. Sasaki
Copyright © 2013 Ming Jing Chua and Yoshinori Murakami. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. El-Sayed, “Some interesting properties of metals confined in time and nanometer space of different shape,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 257–264, 2001.
- F. Mafuné, J. Kohno, Y. Takeda, T. Kondow, and H. Sawabe, “Formation and size control of silver nanoparticles by laser ablation in aqueous solution,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 39, pp. 9111–9117, 2000.
- F. Mafune, Y. Kohno, Y. Takeda, and T. Kondow, “Formation of stable platinum nanoparticles by laser ablation in water,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 18, pp. 4218–4223, 2003.
- Y. J. Chen and C. S. Yeh, “Laser ablation method: use of surfactants to form the dispersed Ag nanoparticles,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 197, no. 1–3, pp. 133–139, 2002.
- M. A. Sobhan, M. J. Withford, and E. M. Goldys, “Enhanced stability of gold colloids produced by femtosecond laser synthesis in aqueous solution of CTAB,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 3156–3159, 2010.
- A. Slistan-Grijalva, R. Herrera-Urbina, J. F. Rivas-Silva, M. Ávalos-Borja, F. F. Castillón-Barraza, and A. Posada-Amarillas, “Classical theoretical characterization of the surface plasmon absorption band for silver spherical nanoparticles suspended in water and ethylene glycol,” Physica E, vol. 27, no. 1-2, pp. 104–112, 2005.
- M. J. Rosen and J. T. Kunjappu, Surfactants and Interfacial Phenomena, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2012.
- F. Mafuné, J. Kohno, Y. Takeda, T. Kondow, and H. Sawabe, “Formation of gold nanoparticles by laser ablation in aqueous solution of surfactant,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 22, pp. 5114–5120, 2001.
- D. Werner, T. Ueki, and S. Hashimoto, “Methodological improvement in pulsed laser-induced size reduction of aqueous colloidal gold nanoparticles by applying high pressure,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 9, pp. 5482–5491, 2012.
- P. Atkins, Physical Chemistry, Oxford Higher Education, 7th edition, 2001.
- D. Werner, S. Hashimoto, T. Tomita, S. Matsuo, and Y. Makita, “Examination of silver nanoparticle fabrication by pulsed-laser ablation of flakes in primary alcohols,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 5, pp. 1321–1329, 2008.