- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 121984, 7 pages
Ionic Liquid-Catalyzed Preparation of Aromatic Polyamides Containing Phthalazinone Moiety
Department of Science, Payame Noor University, Tehran 19395-4697, Iran
Received 9 August 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editors: P. Dobrzynski, A. Hashidzume, and B. Kiskan
Copyright © 2012 Saeed Zahmatkesh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Tan, C. Wang, W. Peng, G. Li, and J. M. Jiang, “Synthesis, characterization, and properties of novel aromatic polyamides containing phthalazinone moiety,” Polymer Bulletin, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 195–207, 2009.
- K. L. Mittal, Polyimides: Synthesis, Characterization and Application, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- M. J. M. Abade, Ed., Polyimides and Other High-Temperature Polymers, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- A. Banihashemi and A. Abdolmaleki, “Novel aromatic polyimides derived from benzofuro[2,3-b]benzofuran-2,3,8,9- tetracarboxylic dianhydride (BBTDA),” European Polymer Journal, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1629–1635, 2004.
- M. K. Ghosh and K. L. Mittal, Eds., Polyimide: Fundamentals and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- D. Wilson, M. D. Stenzenberger, and P. Hergenrother, Polyimides, Blackie, Glasgow, UK, 1990.
- S. Tamai, A. Yamaguchi, and M. Ohta, “Melt processible polyimides and their chemical structures,” Polymer, vol. 37, no. 16, pp. 3683–3692, 1996.
- S. H. Hsiao and C. T. Li, “Synthesis and characterization of new adamantane-based polyimides,” Macromolecules, vol. 31, no. 21, pp. 7213–7217, 1998.
- F. Li, J. J. Ge, P. S. Honigfort et al., “Dianhydride architectural effects on the relaxation behaviors and thermal and optical properties of organo-soluble aromatic polyimide films,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 18, pp. 4987–5002, 1999.
- D. S. Reddy, C. H. Chou, C. F. Hsu, and G. H. Lee, “Synthesis and characterization of soluble poly(ether imide)s based on 2,-bis(4-aminophenoxy)-9,-spirobifluorene,” Polymer, vol. 44, pp. 557–563, 2003.
- N. R. Legge, G. Holden, and H. E. Schroeder, Thermoplastic Elastomers, Hanser, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- A. Noshay and I. E. McGrath, Block Copolymers, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- N. Berard and A. S. Hay, “Division of Polymer Chemistry, American Chemical Society,” Polymer Preparation, vol. 34, p. 148, 1993.
- J. Van Wang, G. X. Liao, C. Liu, and X. G. Jian, “Poly(ether imide)s derived from phthalazinone-containing dianhydrides,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 42, no. 23, pp. 6089–6097, 2004.
- L. Cheng, H. Wu, L. Ying, X. L. Yang, and X. G. Jian, “New soluble aromatic polyamides from non-symmetrical extended diacid containing a phthalazinone moiety,” Designed Monomers and Polymers, vol. 7, pp. 225–234, 2004.
- X. H. Li and A. S. Hay, “Synthesis of a high molecular weight fluorinated poly(phthalazinone ether) by self-condensation of an AB-type monomer,” Macromolecules, vol. 39, pp. 3714–3716, 2005.
- X. H. Zhang, S. Chen, Y. Q. Min, and G. R. Qi, “Synthesis of novel bisphenol containing phthalazinone and azomethine moieties and thermal properties of cured diamine/bisphenol/DGEBA polymers,” Polymer, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1785–1795, 2006.
- L. Cheng, L. Ying, J. Feng, C. Y. Wang, J. L. Li, and Z. Xu, “Novel heterocyclic poly(arylene ether ketone)s: synthesis and polymerization of 4-(-hydroxyaryl)(2H)phthalazin-1-ones with methyl groups,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 45, pp. 1525–1535, 2007.
- M. B. Talawar, R. Sivabalan, T. Mukundan et al., “Environmentally compatible next generation green energetic materials (GEMs),” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 161, no. 2-3, pp. 589–607, 2009.
- S. Paria, “Surfactant-enhanced remediation of organic contaminated soil and water,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 24–58, 2008.
- S. Keskin, D. Kayrak-Talay, U. Akman, and Ö. Hortaçsu, “A review of ionic liquids towards supercritical fluid applications,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 150–180, 2007.
- H. Nakagawa, Y. Fujino, S. Kozono et al., “Application of nonflammable electrolyte with room temperature ionic liquids (RTILs) for lithium-ion cells,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 1021–1026, 2007.
- A. Abdolmaleki, “Synthesis and characterization of some new polyhydrazides by direct polycondensation in ionic liquid,” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 741–751, 2007.
- Q. Shi, Y. Zhang, G. Jing, and J. Kan, “Properties of polyaniline synthesized in ionic liquid (1-ethyl-3- methylimidazoliumethyl sulphate),” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 337–344, 2007.
- C. Arbizzani, F. Soavi, and M. Mastragostino, “A novel galvanostatic polymerization for high specific capacitance poly(3-methylthiophene) in ionic liquid,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 735–737, 2006.
- A. S. Shaplov, E. I. Lozinskaya, I. L. Odinets et al., “Novel phosphonated poly(1,3,4-oxadiazole)s: synthesis in ionic liquid and characterization,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 208–224, 2008.
- J. T. Gorke, K. Okrasa, A. Louwagie, R. J. Kazlauskas, and F. Srienc, “Enzymatic synthesis of poly(hydroxyalkanoates) in ionic liquids,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 132, no. 3, pp. 306–313, 2007.
- S. Mallakpour and E. Kowsari, “Ionic liquids as novel solvents and catalysts for the direct polycondensation of N,N′ -(4,4′ -Oxydiphthaloyl)bis-L-phenylalanine diacid with various aromatic diamines,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 43, no. 24, pp. 6545–6553, 2005.
- S. Mallakpour and E. Kowsari, “Microwave heating in conjunction with ionic liquid as a novel method for the fast synthesis of optically active poly(amideimide)s derived from N,N′-(4,4′-hexafluoroisopropylidenediphthaloyl)-bis-Lmethionine and various aromatic diamines,” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 15, p. 239, 2006.