- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 682859, 8 pages
Blade Design Optimisation for Fixed-Pitch Fixed-Speed Wind Turbines
Wind Energy Engineering Research Group, School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE, UK
Received 7 April 2012; Accepted 4 July 2012
Academic Editors: A. Bosio, B. S. Hyun, and Z. A. Zainal
Copyright © 2012 Lin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Jureczko, M. Pawlak, and A. Mȩzyk, “Optimisation of wind turbine blades,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 167, no. 2-3, pp. 463–471, 2005.
- F. D. Bianchi, H. D. Battista, and R. J. Mantz, Wind Turbine Control Systems: Principles, Modelling and Gain Scheduling Design, Springer, London, UK, 2007.
- P. G. Pierce and K. G. Migliore, “Maximizing energy capture of fixed-pitch variable-speed wind turbines,” Tech. Rep. NREL/CP-500-27551, 2000.
- S. Li and T. A. Haskew, “Simulation study of fixed speed wind energy conversion system and compensation using PSpice,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Power and Energy Systems (PES '07), vol. 539, January 2007.
- D. Saheb-Koussa, M. Haddadi, M. Belhamel, S. Hadji, and S. Nouredine, “Modeling and simulation of the fixed-speed WECS (wind energy conversion system): application to the Algerian Sahara area,” Energy, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 4116–4125, 2010.
- G. C. Venkatesh and S. V. Kulkarni, “Energy yield of passive stall regulated fixed speed wind turbine with optimal rotor speed,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1019–1026, 2006.
- J. Zhang, A. Dyśko, J. O'Reilly, and W. E. Leithead, “Modelling and performance of fixed-speed induction generators in power system oscillation stability studies,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 78, no. 8, pp. 1416–1424, 2008.
- J. F. Manwell, J. G. McGowan, and A. L. Rogers, Wind Energy Explained: Theory, Design and Application, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2009.
- A. Vardar and B. Eker, “Principle of rotor design for horizontal axis wind turbines,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1527–1533, 2006.
- C. Bak, “Sensitivity of key parameters in aerodynamic wind turbine rotor design on power and energy performance,” Journal of Physics, vol. 75, no. 1, Article ID 012008, 2007.
- C. Thumthae and T. Chitsomboon, “Optimal angle of attack for untwisted blade wind turbine,” Renewable Energy, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1279–1284, 2009.
- M. O. L. Hansena, J. N. Sorensena, S. Voutsinasb, and H. A. Madsenc, “State of the art in wind turbine aerodynamics and aeroelasticity,” Progress in Aerospace Sciences, vol. 42, pp. 285–330, 2006.
- N. S. Çetin, M. A. Yurdusev, R. Ata, and A. Özdemir, “Assessment of optimum tip speed ratio of wind turbines,” Mathematical and Computational Applications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 147–154, 2005.
- M. A. Yurdusev, R. Ata, and N. S. Çetin, “Assessment of optimum tip speed ratio in wind turbines using artificial neural networks,” Energy, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2153–2161, 2006.
- E. A. Bossanyi, “GH bladed theory manual,” Tech. Rep. 282/BR/009, 2008.
- E. Hau, Wind Turbines: Fundamentals, Technologies, Application, Economics, Springer, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2006.
- R. K. Singh, M. R. Ahmed, M. A. Zullah, and Y. H. Lee, “Design of a Low Reynolds number airfoil for small horizontal axis wind turbines,” Renewable Energy, vol. 42, pp. 66–76, 2011.
- M. Drela, “XFOIL: an analysis and design system for Low Reynolds number airfoils,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Low Reynolds Number Airfoil Aerodynamics, University of Notre Dame, June 1989.