- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 904269, 5 pages
Parking Strategies for Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
1Division for Electricity, Department of Engineering Sciences, Uppsala University, P.O. Box 534, 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
2Swedish Centre for Renewable Electric Energy Conversion, Uppsala University, P.O. Box 534, 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editors: S. S. Kalligeros, S. Li, and P. Lund
Copyright © 2012 F. Ottermo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Fingersh, M. Hand, and A. Laxson, “Wind turbine design cost and scaling model,” Tech. Rep. NREL/TP-500-40566, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colo, USA, 2006.
- S. Eriksson, H. Bernhoff, and M. Leijon, “Evaluation of different turbine concepts for wind power,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1419–1434, 2008.
- G. Darrieus, “Turbine having its rotating shaft transverse to the ow of the current,” US patent 1.835.018, December 1931.
- H. Sutherland, D. Berg, and T. Ashwill, “A retrospective of VAWT technology,” Tech. Rep. SAND2012-0304, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 2012.
- I. D. Mays and C. A. Morgan, “The 500 kW VAWT 850 demonstration project,” in Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference, 1989.
- H. Riegler, “HAWT versus VAWT: small VAWTs find a clear niche,” Refocus, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 44–46, 2003.
- A. Bowen, A. Huskey, H. Link, et al., “Small wind turbine testing results from the national renewable energy laboratory,” in Proceedings of the International Small Wind Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 2010, NREL/CP-500-48089.
- S. Eriksson, H. Bernhoff, and M. Leijon, “A 225kW direct driven PM generator adapted to a vertical axis wind turbine,” Advances in Power Electronics, vol. 2011, Article ID 239061, 7 pages, 2011.
- J. Kjellin, S. Eriksson, and H. Bernhoff, “Electric control substituting pitch control for large wind turbines,” Submitted to Renewable Energy.
- J. Kjellin, F. Bülow, S. Eriksson, P. Deglaire, M. Leijon, and H. Bernhoff, “Power coefficient measurement on a 12 kW straight bladed vertical axis wind turbine,” Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 3050–3053, 2011.
- R. E. Sheldahl and P. C. Klimas, “Aerodynamic characteristics of seven symmetrical airfoil sections through 180-degree angle of attack for use in aerodynamic analysis of vertical axis wind turbines,” Tech. Rep. SAND80-2114, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 1981.
- P. Klimas and M. Worstell, “Effects of blade preset pitch/offset on curved-blade darreius vertical-axis wind turbine performance,” Tech. Rep. SAND81-1762, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 1981.