- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 659695, 4 pages
Postambulatory Hand Swelling (Big Hand Syndrome): Prevalence, Demographics, and Association with Dog Walking
1Institute of Orthopaedics and Health, Rua Itapeva, 490 Suite 102, 01332-000 Bela Vista, SP, Brazil
2Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Campinas State University (UNICAMP), 13083-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Received 4 April 2011; Accepted 14 May 2011
Academic Editor: M. Harth
Copyright © 2011 Fabio F. A. Ravaglia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Bozek and T. S. Gaz'dzik, “The value of clinical examination in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome,” Ortopedia Traumatologia Rehabilitacja, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 357–360, 2001.
- M. A. Oliveira, J. F. Araújo, and R. J. Balbo, “Carpal tunnel syndrome: retrospective study of 106 cases and complications,” Arq Neuropsiquiatr, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 519–524, 1993 (Portuguese).
- L. B. Davidovic, D. M. Kostic, N. S. Jakovljevic, I. L. Kuzmanovic, and T. M. Simic, “Vascular thoracic outlet syndrome,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 545–550, 2003.
- A. Zyluk, “The sequelae of reflex sympathetic dystrophy,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 151–154, 2001.
- D. D. Gerbracht, V. D. Steen, G. L. Ziegler, T. A. Medsger Jr., and G. P. Rodnan, “Evolution of primary Raynaud's phenomenon (Raynaud's disease) to connective tissue disease,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 87–92, 1985.
- G. Valesini, A. Litta, M. S. Bonavita et al., “Geographical clustering of scleroderma in a rural area in the province of Rome,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 1993.
- C. A. Luckey and H. D. Moon, “Hard dorsal posttraumatic edema of the hand,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 563–568, 1946.
- E. Moberg, “Traumatic injuries to the brachial plexus,” Surgical Clinics of North America, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 341–351, 1981.
- V. Andresz, N. Marcantoni, F. Binder et al., “Puffy hand syndrome due to drug addiction: a case-control study of the pathogenesis,” Addiction, vol. 101, no. 9, pp. 1347–1351, 2006.
- N. Simonnet, N. Marcantoni, L. Simonnet, et al., “Puffy hand in long-term intravenous drug users,” Journal des Maladies Vasculaires, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 201–204, 2004 (French).
- S. H. Collins, P. G. Adamczyk, and A. D. Kuo, “Dynamic arm swinging in human walking,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 276, no. 1673, pp. 3679–3688, 2009.
- C. J. L. McCartney, R. Herriot, and W. A. Chambers, “Bilateral hand oedema related to acupuncture,” Pain, vol. 84, no. 2-3, pp. 429–430, 2000.