- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 694928, 4 pages
Evaluation of 10-Year Experience of Wegener’s Granulomatosis in Iranian Children
1Pediatric Rheumatology Research Group, Rheumatology Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
2Growth and Development Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Pediatrics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
4Department of Pediatrics, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
5Department of Pediatrics, Ardabil University of Medical Sciences, Ardabil, Iran
6Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Children’s Medical Center, No. 62 Dr. Gharib Sreet, Keshavarz Boulevard, Tehran 14194, Iran
Received 31 May 2013; Accepted 3 July 2013
Academic Editors: W. H. Abdulahad and P. A. Gatenby
Copyright © 2013 Fatemeh Tahghighi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Cabral and S. Benseler, “Granulomatous vasculitis, microscopic polyangiitis and primary angiitis of the central nervous system,” in Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology, J. T. Cassidy, R. E. Petty, R. M. Laxer, and C. B. Lindsley, Eds., pp. 521–530, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 2011.
- H. Klinger, “Grenzformen der polyarteritis nodosa,” Frankfurter Zeitschrift für Pathologie, vol. 42, pp. 455–480, 1931 (German).
- F. Wegener, “On generalised septic vessel diseases,” Thorax, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 918–919, 1987.
- W. Koldingsnes and H. Nossent, “Epidemiology of Wegener's granulomatosis in northern Norway,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 43, pp. 2481–2487, 2000.
- R. A. Watts, S. E. Lane, G. Bentham, and D. G. Scott, “Epidemiology of systemic vasculitis: a ten-year study in the United Kingdom,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 414–419, 2000.
- M. F. Cotch, G. S. Hoffman, D. E. Yerg, G. I. Kaufman, P. Targonski, and R. A. Kaslow, “The epidemiology of Wegener's granulomatosis: estimates of the five-year period prevalence, annual mortality, and geographic disease distribution from population-based data sources,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 39, pp. 87–92, 1996.
- J. F. Fries, G. G. Hunder, D. A. Bloch et al., “The American College of Rheumatology 1990 criteria for the classification of vasculitis. Summary,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1135–1136, 1990.
- J. C. Jennette, R. J. Falk, K. Andrassy et al., “Nomenclature of systemic vasculitides: proposal of an international consensus conference,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 1994.
- S. Ozen, N. Ruperto, M. J. Dillon et al., “EULAR/PReS endorsed consensus criteria for the classification of childhood vasculitides,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 936–941, 2006.
- R. Luqmani, R. Suppiah, C. J. Edwards et al., “Mortality in wegener's granulomatosis: a bimodal pattern,” Rheumatology, vol. 50, no. 4, Article ID keq351, pp. 697–702, 2011.
- D. Bligny, A. Mahr, P. L. Toumelin, L. Mouthon, and L. Guillevin, “Predicting mortality in systemic Wegener's granulomatosis: a survival analysis based on 93 patients,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 83–91, 2004.
- V. M. Belostotsky, V. Shah, and M. J. Dillon, “Clinical features in 17 paediatric patients with Wegener granulomatosis,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 754–761, 2002.
- D. A. Cabral, A. G. Uribe, S. Benseler et al., et al., “Classification, presentation and initial treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis in childhood,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 60, pp. 3413–3424, 2009.
- B. G. Stegmayr, L. Gothefors, B. Malmer, D. E. Müller Wiefel, K. Nilsson, and B. Sundelin, “Wegener granulomatosis in children and young adults. A case study of ten patients,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 208–213, 2000.
- A. S. Fauci, B. F. Haynes, P. Katz, and S. M. Wolff, “Wegener's granulomatosis: prospective clinical and therapeutic experience with 85 patients for 21 years,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 76–85, 1983.
- G. S. Hoffman, G. S. Kerr, R. Y. Leavitt et al., “Wegener granulomatosis: an analysis of 158 patients,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 116, no. 6, pp. 488–498, 1992.
- M. E. Eustaquio, K. H. Chan, R. R. Deterding, and R. J. Hollister, “Multilevel airway involvement in children with Wegener's granulomatosis: clinical course and the utility of a multidisciplinary approach,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 137, no. 5, pp. 480–485, 2011.
- M. Rottem, A. S. Fauci, C. W. Hallahan et al., “Wegener granulomatosis in children and adolescents: clinical presentation and outcome,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 26–31, 1993.
- A. Kumar, A. Pandhi, A. Menon, S. K. Sharma, J. N. Pande, and A. N. Malaviya, “Wegener's granulomatosis in India: clinical features, treatment and outcome of twenty-five patients,” The Indian journal of chest diseases & allied sciences, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 197–204, 2001.
- C. E. M. Rodrigues, M. R. M. Callado, C. A. Nobre et al., “Wegener's granulomatosis: prevalence of the initial clinical manifestations—report of six cases and review of the literature,” Revista Brasileira de Reumatologia, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 157–164, 2010.
- J. D. Akikusa, R. Schneider, E. A. Harvey et al., “Clinical features and outcome of pediatric Wegener's granulomatosis,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 837–844, 2007.
- R. A. Hajj-Ali, W. S. Wilke, L. H. Calabrese et al., “Pilot study to assess the frequency of fibromyalgia, depression, and sleep disorders in patients with granulomatosis with polyangiitis (wegener's),” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 827–833, 2011.
- M. Chen, F. Yu, Y. Zhang, W.-Z. Zou, M.-H. Zhao, and H.-Y. Wang, “Characteristics of Chinese patients with Wegener's granulomatosis with anti-myeloperoxidase autoantibodies,” Kidney International, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 2225–2229, 2005.