- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 843804, 5 pages
Can HLA-DRB4 Help to Identify Asthmatic Patients at Risk of Churg-Strauss Syndrome?
1Allergy and Clinical Immunology Outpatients Clinic, Azienda Ospedaliera Legnano, Ospedale di Magenta, Via Donatore di Sangue 50, Magenta, 20013 Milan, Italy
2Immunohematology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Legnano, Ospedale di Magenta, Via Donatore di sangue 50, Magenta, 20013 Milan, Italy
3Hygienics and Public Health Unit, Azienda Sanitaria Locale Provincia Milano1, Via Spagliardi 19, Parabiago, 20014 Milan, Italy
4Clinical Immunology Unit and Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale San Carlo Borromeo, Via Pio Secondo 3, 20153 Milan, Italy
Received 20 November 2013; Accepted 3 February 2014; Published 6 March 2014
Academic Editors: M. G. Danieli, P. A. Gatenby, and G. Murdaca
Copyright © 2014 P. Bottero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Pagnoux, P. Guilpain, and L. Guillevin, “Churg-Strauss syndrome,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 2007.
- G. Murdaca, B. M. Colombo, and F. Puppo, “The role of Th17 lymphocytes in the autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases,” Internal and Emergency Medicine, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 487–495, 2011.
- A. Vaglio, D. Martorana, U. Maggiore et al., “HLA-DRB4 as a genetic risk factor for Churg-Strauss syndrome,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 3159–3166, 2007.
- S. Wieczorek, B. Hellmich, W. L. Gross, and J. T. Epplen, “Associations of Churg-Strauss syndrome with the HLA-DRB1 locus, and relationship to the genetics of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitides: comment on the article by Vaglio et al,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 329–330, 2008.
- Y. J. Juhn, H. Kita, L. A. Lee et al., “Childhood asthma and human leukocyte antigen type,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 38–46, 2007.
- Y. J. Juhn, H. Kita, S. M. Bagniewski et al., “Severity of childhood asthma and human leukocyte antigens type,” Journal of Asthma, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 163–168, 2007.
- S.-H. Kim, H.-B. Oh, K.-W. Lee et al., “HLA DRB1*15-DPB1*05 haplotype: a susceptible gene marker for isocyanate-induced occupational asthma?” Allergy, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 891–894, 2006.
- R. G. Slavin, P. S. Hutcheson, B. Chauhan, and C. J. Bellone, “An overview of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis with some new insights,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 395–399, 2004.
- “Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention (GINA),” (update), ch. 2, 2007, www.ginasthma.org.
- W. Fokkens, V. Lund, C. Bachert et al., “EAACI position paper on rhinosinusitis and nasal polyps executive summary,” Allergy, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 583–601, 2005.
- P. H. Quanjer, G. J. Tammeling, J. E. Cotes, O. F. Pedersen, R. Peslin, and J. C. Yernault, “Lung volumes and forced ventilatory flows. Report working party standardization of lung function tests, European community for steel and coal. Official statement of the European respiratory society,” The European Respiratory Journal. Supplement, vol. 16, pp. 5–40, 1993.
- K. F. Rabe, S. Hurd, A. Anzueto et al., “Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: GOLD executive summary,” The American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 176, no. 6, pp. 532–555, 2007.
- J. Ramírez-Anguiano, J. K. Yamamoto-Furusho, R. Barquera, O. Beltrán, and J. Granados, “Association of HLA-DR3 and HLA-DR4 with sinonasal polyposis in Mexican Mestizos,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 90–93, 2006.
- B. Keles, T. Cora, H. Acar et al., “Evaluation of HLA-A, -B, -Cw, and -DRB1 alleles frequency in Turkish patients with nasal polyposis,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 139, no. 4, pp. 580–585, 2008.
- N. Tsurikisawa, T. Tsuburai, H. Saito et al., “A retrospective study of bronchial hyperresponsiveness in patients with asthma before the onset of Churg-Strauss syndrome,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 336–343, 2007.
- A. Bacciu, C. Buzio, D. Giordano et al., “Nasal polyposis in Churg-Strauss syndrome,” Laryngoscope, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 325–329, 2008.