- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 317396, 10 pages
Nontumbling Gait for Multilegged Robots and Its Directional Normalized Energy Stability Margin
Fukushima Laboratory Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ishikawadai 1st Building, 2-12-1 I1-52 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
Received 11 June 2013; Accepted 1 July 2013
Academic Editors: L. Asplund, R. Bostelman, R. Safaric, and Y. Zhou
Copyright © 2013 Evgeny Lazarenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Hirose, H. Tsukagoshi, and K. Yoneda, “Normalized energy stability margin: generalized stability criterion for walking vehicles,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robot, pp. 71–76, Brussels, Belgium, 1998.
- S. Hirose, E. Lazarenko, and G. Endo, “Directional normalized energy stability margin,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IFToMM Asian Conference on Mechanism and Machine Science, 2012.
- R. B. McGhee and A. A. Frank, “On the stability properties of quadruped creeping gaits,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 331–351, 1968.
- D. A. Messuri and C. A. Klein, “Automatic body regulation for maintaining stability of a legged vehicle during rough-terrain locomotion,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 132–141, 1985.
- E. Garcia and P. G. de Santos, “An improved energy stability margin for walking machines subject to dynamic effects,” Robotica, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 2005.
- P. Gonzalez de Santos, E. Garcia, and J. Estemera, Quadrupedal Locomotion. An Introduction to the Coltrol of Four-Legged Robots, Springer, 2006.
- S. Kitano, G. Endo, and S. Hirose, “Development of light weight quadruped robot TITAN XIII,” in Proceedings of the Robotics and Mechatronics Conference, 2013.