- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Signal Processing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 386505, 13 pages
A Curvelet Domain Face Recognition Scheme Based on Local Dominant Feature Extraction
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Received 15 November 2011; Accepted 5 January 2012
Academic Editors: K.-P. Ho and M. D. Hoogerland
Copyright © 2012 Hafiz Imtiaz and Shaikh Anowarul Fattah. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Jain, A. Ross, and S. Prabhakar, “An Introduction to Biometric Recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 4–20, 2004.
- C. Villegas-Quezada and J. Climent, “Holistic face recognition using multivariate approximation, genetic algorithms and adaboost classifier: preliminary results,” World Academy of Science, Engineeringand Technology, vol. 44, pp. 802–806, 2008.
- L. L. Shen and L. Bai, “Gabor feature based face recognition usingkernal methods,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FGR '04), vol. 6, pp. 386–389, May 2004.
- M. Zhou and H. Wei, “Face verification using gabor wavelets and AdaBoost,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '06), vol. 1, pp. 404–407, August 2006.
- X. Tan, S. Chen, Z. H. Zhou, and F. Zhang, “Face recognition from a single image per person: a survey,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1725–1745, 2006.
- Y. Gao and M. K. H. Leung, “Face recognition using line edge map,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 764–779, 2002.
- C. BenAbdelkader and P. Griffin, “A local region-based approach togender classification from face images,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 3, pp. 52–57, 2005.
- T. Ahonen, A. Hadid, and M. Pietikainen, “Face description withlocal binary patterns: application to face recognition,” The IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 28, pp. 2037–2041, 2006.
- R. Gottumukkal and V. K. Asari, “An improved face recognition technique based on modular PCA approach,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 429–436, 2004.
- C. C. Liu and D. Q. Dai, “Face recognition using dual-tree complex wavelet features,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 2593–2599, 2009.
- H. Imtiaz and S. A. Fattah, “A face recognition scheme using wavelet-based local features,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computers and Informatics (ISCI '11), pp. 313–316, 2011.
- H. Imtiaz and S. A. Fattah, “A face recognition scheme using wavelet-based local features,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computers and Informatics (ISCI '11), vol. 2, pp. 313–316, 2011.
- M. N. Do and M. Vetterli, “The contourlet transform: an efficient directional multiresolution image representation,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 2091–2106, 2005.
- M. N. Do and M. Vetterli, “The finite ridgelet transform for image representation,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 16–28, 2003.
- D. L. Donoho and M. R. Duncan, “Digital curvelet transform: strategy, implementation and experiments,” in Wavelet Applications VII, vol. 4056 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 12–30, 2000.
- A. N. Belbachir and P. M. Goebel, “The contourlet transform forimage compression,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Physics in Signal Image Processing (PSIP '05), Toulouse, France, January 2005.
- B. B. Li, X. Li, S. X. Wang, and H. F. Li, “A multiscale and multidirectional image denoising algorithm based on contourlet transform,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP '06), pp. 635–638, December 2006.
- M. Angshul, “Bangla basic character recognition using digital curvelet transform,” Journal of Pattern Recognition Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 17–26, 2007.
- T. Mandal, Q. M. Jonathan Wu, and Y. Yuan, “Curvelet based face recognition via dimension reduction,” Signal Processing, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 2345–2353, 2009.
- S. Alirezaee, H. Aghaeinia, K. Faez, and F. Askari, “An efficient algorithm for face localization,” International Journal of Information Technology, vol. 12, pp. 30–36, 2006.
- E. Loutas, I. Pitas, and C. Nikou, “Probabilistic Multiple Face Detection and Tracking Using Entropy Measures,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 128–135, 2004.
- S. C. Dakin and R. J. Watt, “Biological “bar codes” in human faces,” Journal of Vision, vol. 9, no. 4, article 2, 2009.
- X. Zhang and Y. Gao, “Face recognition across pose: a review,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 2876–2896, 2009.
- E. Candès, L. Demanet, D. Donoho, and L. Ying, “Fast discrete curvelet transforms,” Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 861–899, 2006.
- I. Jolloffe, Principal Component Analysis, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1986.
- F. M. de S. Matos, L. V. Batista, and J. V. D. Poel, “Face recognition using DCT coefficients selection,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC '08), pp. 1753–1757, March 2008.
- X. Y. Jing and D. Zhang, “A face and palmprint recognition approach based on discriminant DCT feature extraction,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 2405–2415, 2004.