- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
ISRN Signal Processing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 914232, 9 pages
Semiautonomous Medical Image Segmentation Using Seeded Cellular Automaton Plus Edge Detector
Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Received 27 January 2012; Accepted 15 March 2012
Academic Editors: C. Alberola-Lopez, Y. H. Ha, C. S. Lin, C. Sun, and B. Yuan
Copyright © 2012 Ryan A. Beasley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos, “Snakes: active contour models,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 321–331, 1988.
- D. Cremers, M. Rousson, and R. Deriche, “A review of statistical approaches to level set segmentation: integrating color, texture, motion and shape,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 195–215, 2007.
- E. N. Mortensen and W. A. Barrett, “Interactive segmentation with intelligent scissors,” Graphical Models and Image Processing, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 349–384, 1998.
- A. X. Falcao, J. K. Udupa, S. Samarasekera, S. Sharma, B. E. Hirsch, and R. D. A. Lotufo, “User-steered image segmentation paradigms: live wire and live lane,” Graphical Models and Image Processing, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 233–260, 1998.
- Y. Boykov and V. Kolmogorov, “An experimental comparison of min-cut/max-flow algorithms for energy minimization in vision,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1124–1137, 2004.
- C. Kauffmann and N. Piché, “Seeded ND medical image segmentation by cellular automaton on GPU,” International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 251–262, 2010.
- S. K. Weeratunga and C. Kamath, “An investigation of implicit active contours for scientific image segmentation,” in Visual Communications and Image Processing 2004, vol. 5308 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 210–221, January 2004.
- A. K. Sinop and L. Grady, “A seeded image segmentation framework unifying graph cuts and random Walker which yields a new algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '07), pp. 1–8, October 2007.
- E. Moschidis and J. Graham, “A systematic performance evaluation of interactive image segmentation methods based on simulated user interaction,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro (ISBI '10), pp. 928–931, April 2010.
- R. Adams and L. Bischof, “Seeded region growing,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 641–647, 1994.
- J. Freixenet, X. Munoz, D. Raba, J. Mart, and X. Cuf, “Yet another survey on image segmentation: region and boundary information integration,” Computer Vision-ECCV, vol. 2002, pp. 21–25, 2002.
- S. Even, Graph Algorithms, vol. 606, Computer Science Press, Rockville, Md, USA, 1979.
- R. Bellman, “On a routing problem,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 87–90, 1958.
- M. Gardner, “Mathematical games: the fantastic combinations of John Conway's new solitaire game ‘life’,” Scientific American, vol. 223, no. 4, pp. 120–123, 1970.
- V. Vezhnevets and V. Konouchine, “Growcut: interactive multi-label ND image segmentation by cellular automata,” in Proceedings of the Graphicon, pp. 150–156, 2005.
- J. Yen, “Algorithm for finding shortest routes from all source nodes to a given destination in general networks,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 526–530, 1970.
- E. W. Dijkstra, “A note on two problems in connexion with graphs,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 269–271, 1959.
- U. Meyer and P. Sanders, “Δ-stepping: a parallelizable shortest path algorithm,” Journal of Algorithms, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 114–152, 2003.
- J. Canny, “A computational approach to edge detection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 679–698, 1986.
- R. Beasley, “Finding the best edge image,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition, pp. 504–510, July 2011.
- D. W. Shattuck, G. Prasad, M. Mirza, K. L. Narr, and A. W. Toga, “Online resource for validation of brain segmentation methods,” NeuroImage, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 431–439, 2009.
- L. Grady and M. Jolly, “Weights and topology: a study of the effects of graph construction on 3D image segmentation,” in Proceedings of the Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI '08), pp. 153–161, 2008.
- J. Siek, L. Lee, and A. Lumsdaine, Boost Graph Library: User Guide and Reference Manual, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2001.