- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Signal Processing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 356291, 7 pages
Spatial Resolution Analysis for Few-Views Discrete Tomography Based on MART-AP Algorithm
Russian Federal Nuclear Center, Zababakhin Institute of Applied Physics, P.O. Box 245, Snezhinsk 456770, Chelyabinsk Region, Russia
Received 30 November 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editors: A. Fernandez-Caballero and C.-W. Kok
Copyright © 2013 Alexander B. Konovalov and Vitaly V. Vlasov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. T. Herman, Fundamentals of Computerized Tomography: Image Reconstruction From Projections, Springer, London, UK, 2009.
- D. M. Scott and R. A. Williams, Eds., Frontiers in Industrial Process Tomography, Engineering Foundation, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- V. L. Vengrinovich and S. A. Zolotarev, Iterative Methods of Tomography, Belarus Nauka, Minsk, 2009.
- K. Krug, J. Tortora, R. Bijjani, and R. Eilbert, “Multiview X-ray based system for detecting contraband such as in baggage,” US Patent 6088423, 2000.
- V. V. Pickalov and N. G. Preobrazhensky, Reconstruction Tomography in Gas Dynamics and Plasma Physics, Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1987.
- A. B. Konovalov, D. V. Mogilenskikh, E. A. Kozlov et al., “Few-view gamma tomography used to monitor scabbing and shear fracture in a spherical iron shell compressed by explosion,” Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2008.
- T. F. Pang, “AWE multi-axis radiographic facility: a review of 3D-reconstructions from limited data,” in Proceedings of the AIP Conference of Bayesian Inference and Maximum Entropy Methods in Science and Engineering, vol. 568, pp. 521–530, Gif-sur-Yvette, France, 2000.
- S. Siltanen, V. Kolehmainen, S. Jaervenpaa, et al., “Statistical inversion for X-ray tomography with few radiographs. I. General theory,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1437–1463, 2003.
- G. T. Herman and A. Kuba, Eds., Discrete Tomography: Foundations, Algorithms and Applications, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1999.
- G. T. Herman and A. Kuba, “Discrete tomography in medical imaging,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 1612–1626, 2003.
- G. T. Herman and A. Kuba, Eds., Advances in Discrete Tomography and Its Applications, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2007.
- B. De Man, J. Nuyts, P. Dupont, G. Marchai, and P. Suetens, “Reduction of metal streak artifacts in x-ray computed tomography using a transmission maximum a posteriori algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 977–981, 2000.
- K. J. Batenburg and J. Sijbers, “Dart: a fast heuristic algebraic reconstruction algorithm for discrete tomography,” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '07), pp. IV133–IV136, San Antonio, Tex, USA, September 2007.
- V. V. Vlasov, A. B. Konovalov, and A. S. Uglov, “An a priori information based algorithm for artifact preventive reconstruction in few-view computed tomography,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP '12), Paper 042, Roma, Italy, May 2012.
- G. D. Boreman, Modulation Transfer Function in Optical and Electro-Optical Systems, vol. TT52, SPIE, Bellingham, Wash, USA, 2001.
- C. E. Metz and K. Doi, “Transfer function analysis of radiographic imaging systems,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1079–1106, 1979.
- M. V. Yester and G. T. Barnes, “Geometrical limitations of computed tomography (CT) scanner resolution,” in Application of Optical Instrumentation in Medicine VI, vol. 127 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 296–303, Boston, Mass, US, 1977.
- A. B. Konovalov, A. N. Kiselev, and V. V. Vlasov, “Spatial resolution of few-view computed tomography using algebraic reconstruction techniques,” Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 249–255, 2006.
- A. Papoulis, Systems and Transforms with Applications in Optics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- J. A. Rowlands, “The physics of computed radiography,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 47, no. 23, pp. R123–R166, 2002.
- “Industrial Radiography, Image forming Techniques,” GE Inspection Technologies, http://www.ge-mcs.com/download/x-ray/GEIT-30158EN_industrial-radiography-image-forming-techniques.pdf.