- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 291235, 4 pages
Navigating the Difficult Robotic Assisted Pyeloplasty
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, 3 East Urology, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Received 4 October 2012; Accepted 9 October 2012
Academic Editors: A. Natali, A. Papatsoris, R. Shamloul, and A. Tefekli
Copyright © 2012 David D. Thiel. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. W. Mufarrij, M. Woods, O. D. Shah et al., “Robotic dismembered pyeloplasty: a 6-year, multi-institutional experience,” Journal of Urology, vol. 180, no. 4, pp. 1391–1396, 2008.
- N. P. Gupta, R. Nayyar, A. K. Hemal, S. Mukherjee, R. Kumar, and P. N. Dogra, “Outcome analysis of robotic pyeloplasty: a large single-centre experience,” BJU International, vol. 105, no. 7, pp. 980–983, 2010.
- I. Singh and A. K. Hemal, “Robot-assisted pyeloplasty: review of the current literature, technique and outcome,” The Canadian journal of urology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 5099–5108, 2010.
- D. D. Thiel and H. N. Winfield, “Robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty,” Minerva Urologica e Nefrologica, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 167–177, 2007.
- D. D. Thiel, J. L. Leroy, H. N. Winfield, and T. C. Igel, “Roboticassisted laparoscopic reconstruction of the upper urinary tract: tips and tricks,” Urology, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 488–493, 2010.
- A. L. Wiltz, S. Shikanov, S. E. Eggener et al., “Robotic radical prostatectomy in overweight and obese patients: oncological and validated-functional outcomes,” Urology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 316–322, 2009.
- F. R. Romero, A. A. Wagner, C. Trapp et al., “Transmesenteric laparoscopic pyeloplasty,” Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 6, pp. 2526–2529, 2006.
- C. Andreoni, N. Gattas, M. Araujo, et al., “Transmesocolic approach: faster and safe for laparoscopic surgery in the left side,” Journal of Urology, vol. 171, article 318, 2004.
- U. Boylu, M. Oommen, B. R. Lee, and R. Thomas, “Ureteropelvic junction obstruction secondary to crossing vessels-to transpose or not? The robotic experience,” Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 4, pp. 1751–1755, 2009.
- I. S. Zeltser, J. B. Liu, and D. H. Bagley, “The incidence of crossing vessels in patients with normal ureteropelvic junction examined with endoluminal ultrasound,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 6, pp. 2304–2307, 2004.
- G. M. Badalato, A. K. Hemal, M. Menon, and K. K. Badani, “Current role of robot-assisted pyelolithotomy for the management of large renal calculi: a contemporary analysis,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1719–1722, 2009.
- R. Nayyar, N. P. Gupta, and A. K. Hemal, “Robotic management of complicated ureteropelvic junction obstruction,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 599–602, 2010.
- B. E. Knudsen, A. J. Cook, J. D. Watterson et al., “Percutaneous antegrade endopyelotomy: long-term results from one institution,” Urology, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 230–234, 2004.
- D. D. Baldwin, “Secondary laparoscopic pyeloplasty: a difficult clinical situation,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 22, no. 7, article 1547, 2008.
- E. Y. Shapiro, J. S. Cho, A. Srinivasan et al., “Long-term follow-up for salvage laparoscopic pyeloplasty after failed open pyeloplasty,” Urology, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 115–118, 2009.
- C. P. Sundaram, R. L. Grubb, J. Rehman et al., “Laparoscopic pyeloplasty for secondary ureteropelvic junction obstruction,” Journal of Urology, vol. 169, no. 6, pp. 2037–2040, 2003.
- A. K. Hemal, S. Mishra, S. Mukharjee, and M. Suryavanshi, “Robot assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty in patients of ureteropelvic junction obstruction with previously failed open surgical repair,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 744–746, 2008.
- P. Yohannes, P. Rotariu, P. Pinto, A. D. Smith, and B. R. Lee, “Comparison of robotic versus laparoscopic skills: is there a difference in the learning curve?” Urology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 39–45, 2002.
- W. Bentas, M. Wolfram, R. Bräutigam et al., “Da Vinci robot assisted Anderson-Hynes dismembered pyeloplasty: technique and 1 year follow-up,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 133–138, 2003.