- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 413146, 4 pages
Does Combination Therapy with Desmopressin and Tolterodine Improve the Treatment Outcomes of Patients with Monosymptomatic Nocturnal Enuresis? A Randomized Clinical Controlled Trial
1Urology Department, Imam Reza Hospital, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Azadi Avenue, Golgasht Street, Tabriz 5165665931, Iran
2Urology Department, Sina Hospital, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Azadi Avenue, Tabriz 5163639888, Iran
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 24 February 2013
Academic Editors: U. Barroso, A. M. El-Assmy, A. Natali, A. Papatsoris, A. C. Thorpe, and G. J. Wise
Copyright © 2013 Fahimeh Kazemi Rashed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Foxman, R. B. Valdez, and R. H. Brook, “Childhood enuresis: Prevalence, perceived impact, and prescribed treatments,” Pediatrics, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 482–487, 1986.
- T. Nevéus, A. von Gontard, P. Hoebeke et al., “The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function in children and adolescents: report from the standardisation committee of the international children's continence society,” Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 314–324, 2006.
- P. Terho, “Desmopressin in nocturnal enuresis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 145, no. 4, pp. 818–820, 1991.
- C. K. Yeung, H. N. Chiu, and F. K. Y. Sit, “Bladder dysfunction in children with refractory monosymptomatic primary nocturnal enuresis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 1049–1055, 1999.
- J. Vande Walle, C. Vande Walle, P. Van Sintjan et al., “Nocturnal polyuria is related to 24-hour diuresis and osmotic excretion in an enuresis population referred to a tertiary center,” Journal of Urology, vol. 178, no. 6, pp. 2630–2634, 2007.
- M. Cendron and G. Klauber, “Combination therapy in the treatment of persistent nocturnal enuresis,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 26–28, 1998.
- R. J. Butler, E. J. Redfern, and P. Holland, “Children's notions about enuresis and the implications for treatment,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, no. 163, pp. 39–47, 1994.
- J. Nørgaard and J. Djurhuus, “The pathophysiology of enuresis in children and young adults,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 32, no. 1, 1993.
- C. K. Yeung, F. K. Y. Sit, L. K. C. To et al., “Reduction in nocturnal functional bladder capacity is a common factor in the pathogenesis of refractory nocturnal enuresis,” British Journal of Urology international, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 302–307, 2002.
- R. Medel, A. C. Ruarte, R. Castera, and M. L. Podesta, “Primary enuresis: a urodynamic evaluation,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, supplement 3, pp. 50–52, 1998.
- P. F. Austin, G. Ferguson, Y. Yan, M. J. Campigotto, M. E. Royer, and D. E. Coplen, “Combination therapy with desmopressin and an anticholinergic medication for nonresponders to desmopressin for monosymptomatic nocturnal Enuresis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Pediatrics, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 1027–1032, 2008.
- T. Nevéus, “Oxybutynin, desmopressin and enuresis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 166, pp. 2459–2462, 2001.
- A. Triantafyllidis, S. Charalambous, A. G. Papatsoris et al., “Management of nocturnal enuresis in Greek children,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1343–1345, 2005.
- E. Radvanska, L. Kovács, and S. Rittig, “The role of bladder capacity in antidiuretic and anticholinergic treatment for nocturnal Enuresis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 2, pp. 764–769, 2006.