- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 169859, 4 pages
Predictors of Serum Total IgE in a Random Sample of 7–17 Year Old Children
1Department of Respiratory Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
2Department of Dermatology, Bispebjerg Hospital, 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
3Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hvidovre Hospital, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Received 7 March 2011; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editors: A. Fukushima and A. S. Zacharasiewicz
Copyright © 2011 Sofie Strømgaard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Wüthrich, C. Schindler, T. C. Medici, J. P. Zellweger, and P. Leuenberger, “IgE levels, atopy markers and hay fever in relation to age, sex and smoking status in a normal adult Swiss population,” International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 396–402, 1996.
- C. S. Court, D. G. Cook, and D. P. Strachan, “The descriptive epidemiology of house dust mite-specific and total immunoglobin E in England using a nationally representative sample,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1033–1041, 2002.
- E. J. Jensen, B. Pedersen, E. Schmidt, and R. Dahl, “Serum IgE in nonatopic smokers, nonsmokers, and recent exsmokers: relation to lung function, airway symptoms, and atopic predisposition,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 224–229, 1992.
- D. L. Sherrill, M. Halonen, and B. Burrows, “Relationships between total serum IgE, atopy, and smoking: a twenty-year follow-up analysis,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 954–962, 1994.
- R. A. Barbee, M. Halonen, W. Kaltenborn, M. Lebowitz, and B. Burrows, “A longitudinal study of serum IgE in a community cohort: correlations with age, sex, smoking, and atopic status,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 919–927, 1987.
- E. Omenaas, P. Bakke, S. Elsayed, R. Hanoa, and A. Gulsvik, “Total and specific serum IgE levels in adults: relationship to sex, age and environmental factors,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 530–539, 1994.
- R. A. Barbee, M. Halonen, M. Lebowitz, and B. Burrows, “Distribution of IgE in a community population sample: correlations with age, sex, and allergen skin test reactivity,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 106–111, 1981.
- C. P. Warren, V. Holford-Strevens, C. Wong, and J. Manfreda, “The relationship between smoking and total immunoglobulin E levels,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 370–375, 1982.
- O. Zetterström, K. Osterman, L. Machado, and S. G. Johansson, “Another smoking hazard: raised serum IgE concentration and increased risk of occupational allergy,” British Medical Journal, vol. 283, no. 6301, pp. 1215–1217, 1981.
- B. Burrows, M. Halonen, M. D. Lebowitz, R. J. Knudson, and R. A. Barbee, “The relationship of serum immunoglobulin E, allergy skin tests, and smoking to respiratory disorders,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 199–204, 1982.
- H. A. Orgel, R. N. Hamburger, M. Bazaral, et al., “Development of IgE and allergy in infancy,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 296–307, 1975.
- A. González-Quintela, C. Vidal, and F. Gude, “Alcohol-induced alterations in serum immunoglobulin e (IgE) levels in human subjects,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 7, pp. e234–e244, 2002.
- S. F. Thomsen, C. S. Ulrik, K. Larsen, and V. Backer, “Change in prevalence of asthma in Danish children and adolescents,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 506–511, 2004.
- R. de Marco, C. Pattaro, F. Locatelli, and C. Svanes, “Influence of early life exposures on incidence and remission of asthma throughout life,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 845–852, 2004.
- K. Yan, C. Salome, and A. J. Woolcock, “Rapid method for measurement of bronchial responsiveness,” Thorax, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 760–765, 1983.
- M. Kulig, R. Bergmann, G. Edenharter, and U. Wahn, “Does allergy in parents depend on allergy in their children? Recall bias in parental questioning of atopic diseases,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 105, no. 2, part 1, pp. 274–278, 2000.
- I. Kummeling, C. Thijs, F. Stelma, M. Huber, P. A. Brandt, and P. C. Dagnelie, “Do parents with an atopic family history adopt a 'prudent' lifestyle for their infant? (KOALA Study),” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 489–494, 2006.