- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 170989, 4 pages
Principal Components Analysis of Atopy-Related Traits in a Random Sample of Children
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
Received 4 April 2011; Accepted 27 May 2011
Academic Editors: C. Penido and A. Petraroli
Copyright © 2011 Simon Francis Thomsen and Vibeke Backer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. F. Thomsen, C. S. Ulrik, K. O. Kyvik, L. R. Skadhauge, I. Steffensen, and V. Backer, “Findings on the atopic triad from a Danish twin registry,” International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1268–1272, 2006.
- S. F. Thomsen, M. A. R. Ferreira, K. O. Kyvik, M. Fenger, and V. Backer, “A quantitative genetic analysis of intermediate asthma phenotypes,” Allergy, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 427–430, 2009.
- T. B. Knudsen, S. F. Thomsen, H. Nolte, and V. Backer, “A population-based clinical study of allergic and non-allergic asthma,” Journal of Asthma, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 91–94, 2009.
- J. Bousquet, P. van Cauwenberg, N. Khaltaev, N. Aït-Khaled, I. Annesi-Maesano, and C. Bachert, “Allergic rhinitis and its impact on asthma. Aria workshop report,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 108, supplement 5, pp. S147–S334, 2001.
- V. Backer, S. Groth, A. Dirksen et al., “Sensitivity and specificity of the histamine challenge test for the diagnosis of asthma in an unselected sample of children and adolescents,” The European Respiratory Journal, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1093–1100, 1991.
- S. F. Thomsen, C. S. Ulrik, K. Larsen, and V. Backer, “Change in prevalence of asthma in Danish children and adolescents,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 506–511, 2004.
- B. G. Ferris, “Epidemiology standardization project. American Thoracic Society Executive Committee,” The American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 118, pp. 1–120, 1978.
- K. Håkansson, S. F. Thomsen, C. S. Ulrik, C. Porsbjerg, and V. Backer, “Increase in the prevalence of rhinitis among Danish children from 1986 to 2001,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 154–159, 2007.
- L. Stensen, S. F. Thomsen, and V. Backer, “Change in prevalence of atopic dermatitis between 1986 and 2001 among children,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 392–396, 2008.
- D. W. Cockcroft, D. N. Killian, J. J. A. Mellon, and F. E. Hargreave, “Bronchial reactivity to inhaled histamine: a method and clinical survey,” Clinical Allergy, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 235–243, 1977.
- K. Yan, C. Salome, and A. J. Woolcock, “Rapid method for measurement of bronchial responsiveness,” Thorax, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 760–765, 1983.