- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 238379, 8 pages
Modification of a Popular Syngeneic Murine Mammary Tumor Model for Immunotherapy Studies
1Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77204, USA
2Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Received 21 May 2011; Accepted 22 June 2011
Academic Editors: A. Vicente and A. Vyakarnam
Copyright © 2011 Armando Rivera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Crnic and G. Christofori, “Novel technologies and recent advances in metastasis research,” International Journal of Developmental Biology, vol. 48, no. 5-6, pp. 573–581, 2004.
- C. J. Aslakson and F. R. Miller, “Selective events in the metastatic process defined by analysis of the sequential dissemination of subpopulations of a mouse mammary tumor,” Cancer Research, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1399–1405, 1992.
- K. Tao, M. Fang, J. Alroy, and G. G. Gary, “Imagable 4T1 model for the study of late stage breast cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 8, article 228, 2008.
- M. Nakamori, X. Fu, R. Rousseau, S. Y. Chen, and X. Zhang, “Destruction of nonimmunogenic mammary tumor cells by a fusogenic oncolytic herpes simplex virus induces potent antitumor immunity,” Molecular Therapy, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 658–665, 2004.
- H. Li, A. Dutuor, X. Fu, and X. Zhang, “Induction of strong antitumor immunity by an HSV-2-based oncolytic virus in a murine mammary tumor model,” Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 161–169, 2007.
- D. Schadendorf, I. Fichtner, A. Makki et al., “Metastatic potential of human melanoma cells in nude mice—characterisation of phenotype, cytokine secretion and tumour-associated antigens,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 194–199, 1996.
- R. E. Roses, E. C. Paulson, A. Sharma et al., “HER-2/neu overexpression as a predictor for the transition from in situ to invasive breast cancer,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1385–1389, 2009.
- E. Tagliabue, A. Balsari, M. Campiglio, and S. M. Pupa, “HER2 as a target for breast cancer therapy,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 711–724, 2010.
- M. P. Piechocki, Y. S. Ho, S. Pilon, and W. Z. Wei, “Human ErbB-2 (Her-2) transgenic mice: a model system for testing Her-2 based vaccines,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 171, no. 11, pp. 5787–5794, 2003.
- M. H. Wilson, C. J. Coates, and A. L. George Jr., “PiggyBac transposon-mediated gene transfer in human cells,” Molecular Therapy, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 139–145, 2007.
- N. Ahmed, M. Ratnayake, B. Savoldo et al., “Regression of experimental medulloblastoma following transfer of HER2-specific T cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 5957–5964, 2007.
- A. C. Borley, S. Hiscox, J. Gee et al., “Anti-oestrogens but not oestrogen deprivation promote cellular invasion in intercellular adhesion-deficient breast cancer cells,” Breast Cancer Research, vol. 10, no. 6, article R103, 2008.
- X. Fu, L. Tao, A. Rivera et al., “A simple and sensitive method for measuring tumor-specific T cell cytotoxicity,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 7, Article ID e11867, 2010.
- D. L. Galvan, Y. Nakazawa, A. Kaja et al., “Genome-wide mapping of piggybac transposon integrations in primary human T cells,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 837–844, 2009.
- Y. Nakazawa, L. E. Huye, G. Dotti et al., “Optimization of the piggybac transposon system for the sustained genetic modification of human T lymphocytes,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 826–836, 2009.
- M. P. Piechocki, S. A. Pilon, C. Kelly, and W. Z. Wei, “Degradation signals in ErbB-2 dictate proteasomal processing and immunogenicity and resist protection by cis glycine-alanine repeat,” Cellular Immunology, vol. 212, no. 2, pp. 138–149, 2001.
- M. L. Penichet, P. M. Challita, S. U. Shin, S. L. Sampogna, J. D. Rosenblatt, and S. L. Morrison, “In vivo properties of three human HER2/neu-expressing murine cell lines in immunocompetent mice,” Laboratory Animal Science, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 179–188, 1999.
- R. A. Morgan, M. E. Dudley, and S. A. Rosenberg, “Adoptive cell therapy: genetic modification to redirect effector cell specificity,” Cancer Journal, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 336–341, 2010.