- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 267145, 7 pages
Transmucosal Fine Needle Aspiration of Oral and Pharyngeal Lesions
1Department of Pathology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
2Department of Otolaryngology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Received 21 March 2011; Accepted 24 April 2011
Academic Editor: J. A. Jimenez-Heffernan
Copyright © 2011 Fang-Ming Deng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. J. Stewart, K. MacKenzie, G. W. McGarry, and A. Mowat, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology of salivary gland: a review of 341 cases,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 139–146, 2000.
- R. Bardales, S. J. Baker, and P. Mukunyadzi, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology findings in 214 cases of nonparotid lesions of the head,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 211–217, 2000.
- R. L. Scher, P. E. Oostingh, P. A. Levine, R. W. Cantrell, and P. S. Feldman, “Role of fine needle aspiration in the diagnosis of lesions of the oral cavity, oropharynx, and nasopharynx,” Cancer, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 2602–2606, 1988.
- M. Castelli, P. Gattuso, C. Reyes, and E. P. Solans, “Fine needle aspiration biopsy of intraoral and pharyngeal lesions,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 448–450, 1993.
- H. Cramer, H. Lamper, and P. Downing, “Intraoral and transoral fine needle aspiration. A review of 25 cases,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 683–688, 1995.
- H. Domanski and M. Akerman, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology of tongue swellings: a study of 75 cases,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 387–392, 1998.
- S. B. Shah, M. I. Singer, E. Liberman, and B. M. Ljung, “Transmucosal fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of intraoral and intrapharyngeal lesions,” Laryngoscope, vol. 109, no. 8, pp. 1232–1237, 1999.
- H. A. Saleh, L. Clayman, and H. Masri, “Fine needle aspiration biopsy of intraoral and oropharyngeal mass lesions,” CytoJournal, vol. 5, Article ID 4, 2008.
- B. R. Oliai, S. Sheth, F. H. Burroughs, and S. Z. Ali, ““Parapharyngeal space” tumors: a cytopathological study of 24 cases on fine-needle aspiration,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 2005.
- C. C. Su, C. W. Chou, and C. Y. Yiu, “Neck mass with marked squamous metaplasia: a diagnostic pitfall in aspiration cytology,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 56–58, 2008.
- M. W. Stanley, “Selected problems in fine needle aspiration of head and neck masses,” Modern Pathology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 342–350, 2002.
- M. W. Stanley, C. A. Horwitz, R. H. Bardales, S. J. Stern, and S. Korourian, “Basal cell carcinoma metastatic to the salivary glands: differential diagnosis in fine-needle aspiration cytology,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 247–252, 1997.
- D. Gibbons, M. H. Saboorian, F. Vuitch, S. T. Gokaslan, and R. Ashfaq, “Fine-needle aspiration findings in patients with polymorphous low grade adenocarcinoma of the salivary glands,” Cancer, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 1999.