- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Discrete Mathematics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 476462, 16 pages
Differential Equation and Recursive Formulas of Sheffer Polynomial Sequences
Department of Mathematics, University of St. Thomas, 2115 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55105-1079, USA
Received 3 August 2011; Accepted 7 September 2011
Academic Editors: M. Chlebík, K. Eriksson, and M. C. Wilson
Copyright © 2011 Heekyung Youn and Yongzhi Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. di Bucchianico and D. Loeb, “A selected survey of umbral calculus,” Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 2, pp. 1–34, 2000.
- M. X. He and P. E. Ricci, “Differential equation of Appell polynomials via the factorization method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 231–237, 2002.
- Y. Yang and C. Micek, “Generalized Pascal functional matrix and its applications,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 423, no. 2-3, pp. 230–245, 2007.
- Y. Yang and H. Youn, “Appell polynomial sequences: a linear algebra approach,” JP Journal of Algebra, Number Theory and Applications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 65–98, 2009.
- S. Roman, The Umbral Calculus, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1984.
- D. H. Lehmer, “A new approach to Bernoulli polynomials,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 95, no. 10, pp. 905–911, 1988.
- K. Rosen, Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics, CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2000.