- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 502578, 5 pages
Clinical and Morphologic Differences between Class IV-S and Class IV-G Lupus Nephritis
1Department of Internal Diseases, Clinic of Internal Diseases and Therapy, Medical Institute Ministry of Interior, 1504 Sofia, Bulgaria
2Department of Rheumatology, Medical University Sofia, 1606 Sofia, Bulgaria
3Department of Pathoanathomy, Medical University Sofia, 1606 Sofia, Bulgaria
Received 27 April 2011; Accepted 22 May 2011
Academic Editor: A. Tommasini
Copyright © 2011 Daniela Monova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Mecklenbräuker, K. Saijo, N. Y. Zheng, M. Leitges, and A. Tarakhovsky, “Protein kinase C controls self-antigen-induced B-cell tolerance,” Nature, vol. 416, no. 6883, pp. 860–865, 2002.
- R. Clynes, C. Dumitru, and J. V. Ravetch, “Uncoupling of immune complex formation and kidney damage in autoimmune glomerulonephritis,” Science, vol. 279, no. 5353, pp. 1052–1054, 1998.
- J. H. Berden, “Lupus nephritis,” Kidney International, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 538–558, 1997.
- J. J. Weening, V. D. D'Agati, M. M. Schwartz et al., “The classification of glomerulonephritis in systemic lupus erythematosus revisited,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 241–250, 2004.
- C. C. Najafi, S. M. Korbet, E. J. Lewis, M. M. Schwartz, M. Reichlin, and J. Evans, “Significance of histologic patterns of glomerular injury upon long-term prognosis in severe lupus glomerulonephritis,” Kidney International, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 2156–2163, 2001.
- B. Mittal, S. Hurwitz, H. Rennke, and A. J. Singh, “New subcategories of class IV lupus nephritis: are there clinical, histologic, and outcome differences?” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1050–1059, 2004.
- H. Yokoyama, T. Wada, A. Hara et al., “The outcome and a new ISN/RPS 2003 classification of lupus nephritis in Japanese,” Kidney international, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 2382–2388, 2004.
- G. S. Hill, M. Delahousse, D. Nochy, and J. Bariéty, “Class IV-S versus class IV-G lupus nephritis: clinical and morphologic differences suggesting different pathogenesis,” Kidney International, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 2288–2297, 2005.
- H. J. Chin, C. Ahn, C. S. Lim et al., “Clinical implications of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody test in lupus nephritis,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 2000.