- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 649431, 6 pages
What Can Faculty Members and Programs Do to Improve Students' Learning?
School of Nursing, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Philip Drive, HSC H2916, St. John's, NL, Canada A1B 3V6
Received 2 August 2011; Accepted 18 September 2011
Academic Editors: N. E. Ervin, B. A. Gustafsson, and S. Keeney
Copyright © 2011 Alice P. Gaudine and Donna G. Moralejo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Mancuso-Murphy, “Distance education in nursing: an integrated review of online nursing students' experiences with technology-delivered instruction,” Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 252–260, 2007.
- J. B. Arbaugh and R. Benbunan-Fich, “An investigation of epistemological and social dimensions of teaching in online learning environments,” Academy of Management Learning and Education, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 435–447, 2006.
- J. E. Blood-Siegfried, N. M. Short, C. G. Rapp et al., “A rubric for improving the quality of online courses,” International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, vol. 5, no. 1, article 34, 2008.
- S. W. Cantrell, P. O'Leary, and K. S. Ward, “Strategies for success in online learning,” Nursing Clinics of North America, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 547–555, 2008.
- C. A. Twigg, Innovations in Online Learning: Moving Beyond no Significant Difference, Center for Academic Transformation, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA, 2001.
- D. A. Cook, M. H. Gelula, D. M. Dupras, and A. Schwartz, “Instructional methods and cognitive and learning styles in web-based learning: report of two randomised trials,” Medical Education, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 897–905, 2007.
- S. Horiuchi, Y. Yaju, M. Koyo, Y. Sakyo, and K. Nakayama, “Evaluation of a web-based graduate continuing nursing education program in Japan: a randomized controlled trial,” Nurse Education Today, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 140–149, 2009.
- J. Maring, E. Costello, and M. M. Plack, “Student outcomes in a pathophysiology course based on mode of delivery: distance versus traditional classroom learning,” Journal of Physical Therapy Education, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 24–32, 2008.
- T. V. Mitchell, C. C. Gadbury-Amyot, K. K. Bray, and M. Simmer-Beck, “Advanced degree seeking students' satisfaction with online courses at UMKC—an early investigation,” Journal of Dental Hygiene, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 1–8, 2007.