- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Astronomy and Astrophysics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 727140, 6 pages
On Some Properties of SEP Effective CMEs
1Astrophysics Research Group, Department of Physics, Meerut College, Meerut 250001, India
2Department of Physics, Sunder Deep Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad 201001, India
3Department of Physics, FIT Engineering College, Mawana Road, Meerut 250001, India
Received 2 November 2011; Accepted 27 November 2011
Academic Editor: M. Richmond
Copyright © 2011 Nishant Mittal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. E. Forbush, “Three unusual cosmic-ray increases possibly due to charged particles from the sun,” Physical Review, vol. 70, no. 9-10, pp. 771–772, 1946.
- D. V. Reames, “Particle acceleration at the sun and in the heliosphere,” Space Science Reviews, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 413–491, 1999.
- K. G. McCracken, G. A. M. Dreschhoff, D. F. Smart, and M. A. Shea, “Solar cosmic ray events for the period 1561–1994 2. The Gleissberg periodicity,” Journal of Geophysical Research A, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 21599–21609, 2001.
- R. C. Carrington, “Description of a Singular Appearance seen in the Sun on September 1, 1859,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 20, pp. 13–15, 1859.
- D. V. Reames, “Energetic particles from impulsive solar flares,” Astrophysical Journal, Supplement Series, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 235–251, 1990.
- D. V. Reames, “Solar energetic particles: a paradigm shift,” Reviews of Geophysics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 585–589, 1995.
- D. V. Reames, “Magnetic Topology of Impulsive and Gradual Solar Energetic Particle Events,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 571, no. 1, p. L63, 2002.
- S. W. Kahler, “Solar flares and coronal mass ejections,” Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 113–141, 1992.
- S. W. Kahler, “The correlation between solar energetic particle peak intensities and speeds of coronal mass ejections: effects of ambient particle intensities and energy spectra,” Journal of Geophysical Research A, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 20947–20955, 2001.
- J. T. Gosling, “The solar flare myth,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 98, no. A11, pp. 18937 -–18949, 1993.
- A. J. Tylka, “New insights on solar energetic particles from Wind and ACE,” Journal of Geophysical Research A, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 25333–25352, 2001.
- G. E. Brueckner, R. A. Howard, M. J. Koomen et al., “The Large Angle Spectroscopic Coronagraph (LASCO)—visible light coronal imaging and spectroscopy,” Solar Physics, vol. 162, no. 1-2, pp. 357–402, 1995.
- N. Gopalswamy, “Coronal mass ejections of solar cycle 23,” Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 243–254, 2006.
- N. Mittal, J. Sharma, V. Tomar, and U. Narain, “On distribution of CMEs speed in solar cycle 23,” Planetary and Space Science, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 53–57, 2009.
- N. Mittal and U. Narain, “On some properties of coronal mass ejections in solar cycle 23,” New Astronomy, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 341–346, 2009.
- N. Gopalswamy, S. Akiyama, S. Yashiro, and P. Mäkelä, “Coronal mass ejections from sunspot and non-sunspot regions,” in Magnetic Coupling Between the Interior and the Atmosphere of the Sun, S. S. Hasan and R. J. Rutten, Eds., Astrophysics and Space Science Proceedings, part 2, pp. 289–307, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- R. A. Howard, D. J. Michels, N. R. Sheeley Jr., and M. J. Koomen, “The observation of a coronal transient directed at earth,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 263, pp. L101–L104, 1982.
- A. J. Hundhausen, “Sizes and locations of coronal mass ejections: SMM observations from 1980 and 1984-1989,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 98, no. A8, pp. 13177–13200, 1993.
- N. Gopalswamy, M. Shimojo, W. Lu, S. Yashiro, K. Shibasaki, and R. A. Howard, “Prominence eruptions and coronal mass ejection: a statistical study using microwave observations,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 586, no. 1, pp. 562–578, 2003.
- A. Vourlidas, P. Subramanian, K. P. Dere, and R. A. Howard, “Large-angle spectrometric coronagraph measurements of the energetics of coronal mass ejections,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 534, no. 1, p. 456, 2000.
- H. S. Hudson, J. L. Bougeret, and J. Burkepile, “Coronal mass ejections: overview of observations,” Space Science Reviews, vol. 123, no. 1–3, pp. 13–30, 2006.
- N. Mittal, K. Pandey, U. Narain, and S. S. Sharma, “On properties of narrow CMEs observed with SOHO/LASCO,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 323, no. 2, pp. 135–145, 2009.
- A. Vourlidas, D. Buzasi, R. A. Howard, and E. Esfandiari, “Mass and energy properties of LASCO CMEs,” in Proceedings of the The 10th European Solar Physics Meeting on Solar Variability, A. Wilson, Ed., vol. 1, pp. 91–94, ESA, Prague, Czech Republic, 2002.
- N. Gopalswamy and M. R. Kundu, “Thermal and nonthermal emissions during a coronal mass ejection,” Solar Physics, vol. 143, no. 2, pp. 327–343, 1993.
- R. Ramesh, C. Kathiravan, and C. V. Sastry, “Metric radio observations of the evolution of a “halo” coronal mass ejection close to the sun,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 591, no. 2, pp. L163–L166, 2003.
- D. M. Rust and E. Hildner, “Expansion of an X-ray coronal arch into the outer corona,” Solar Physics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 381–387, 1976.
- H. S. Hudson, L. W. Acton, and S. L. Freeland, “A long-duration solar flare with mass ejection and global consequences,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 470, no. 1, pp. 629–635, 1996.
- A. C. Sterling and H. S. Hudson, “Yohkoh SXT observations of X-ray "dimming" associated with a halo coronal mass ejection,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 491, no. 1, pp. L55–L58, 1997.
- N. Gopalswamy and Y. Hanaoka, “Coronal dimming associated with a giant prominence eruption,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 498, no. 2, pp. L179–L182, 1998.