- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 854287, 5 pages
Assessment of Panoramic Radiomorphometric Indices of the Mandible in a Brazilian Population
1Department of Oral Dignosis and Dental Radiology, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, 13414-018 Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
2Department of Oral Radiology, School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo, 05508-9000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
3Department of Morphology, Stomatology and Physiology, Ribeirão Preto School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo, 14040-900 Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil
Received 16 May 2011; Accepted 4 July 2011
Academic Editors: A. Adebajo and E. Tchetina
Copyright © 2011 Maria Beatriz C. C. Alonso et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. White and D. J. Rudolph, “Alterations of the trabecular pattern of the jaws in patients with osteoporosis,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 628–635, 1999.
- C. F. Hildebolt, “Osteoporosis and oral bone loss,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 3–15, 1997.
- L. G. Raisz, “Physiology and pathophysiology of bone remodeling,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1353–1358, 1999.
- H. Devlin and K. Horner, “Mandibular radiomorphometric indices in the diagnosis of reduced skeletal bone mineral density,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 373–378, 2002.
- T. F. Tözüm and A. Taguchi, “Role of dental panoramic radiographs in assessment of future dental conditions in patients with osteoporosis and periodontitis,” The New York State Dental Journal, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 32–35, 2004.
- K. Horner, H. Devlin, C. W. Alsop, I. M. Hodgkinson, and J. E. Adams, “Mandibular bone mineral density as a predictor of skeletal osteoporosis,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 69, no. 827, pp. 1019–1025, 1996.
- A. Taguchi, M. Tsuda, M. Ohtsuka et al., “Use of dental panoramic radiographs in identifying younger postmenopausal women with osteoporosis,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 387–394, 2006.
- E. Klemetti, S. Kolmakov, P. Heiskanen, P. Vainio, and V. Lassila, “Panoramic mandibular index and bone mineral densities in postmenopausal women,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 774–779, 1993.
- S. Dagistan and O. M. Bilge, “Comparison of antegonial index, mental index, panoramic mandibular index and mandibular cortical index values in the panoramic radiographs of normal males and male patients with osteoporosis,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 290–294, 2010.
- A. Gulsahi, B. Yüzügüllü, P. Imirzalioǧlu, and Y. Genç, “Assessment of panoramic radiomorphometric indices in Turkish patients of different age groups, gender and dental status,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 288–292, 2008.
- D. L. Broussard and J. H. Magnus, “Risk assessment and screening for low bone mineral density in a multi-ethnic population of women and men: does one approach fit all?” Osteoporosis International, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 349–360, 2004.
- V. Dutra, J. Yang, H. Devlin, and C. Susin, “Radiomorphometric indices and their relation to gender, age, and dental status,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 479–484, 2005.
- S. Ay, U. K. Gursoy, T. Erselcan, and I. Marakoglu, “Assessment of mandibular bone mineral density in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 327–331, 2005.
- E. Jagelaviciene, R. Kubilius, and A. Krasauskiene, “The relationship between panoramic radiomorphometric indices of the mandible and calcaneus bone mineral density,” Medicina, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 95–103, 2010.
- D. Ledgerton, K. Homer, H. Devlin, and H. Worthington, “Radiomorphometric indices of the mandible in a British female population,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 173–181, 1999.
- J. Bras, C. P. Van Ooij, and L. Abraham-Inpijn, “Radiographic interpretation of the mandibular angular cortex: a diagnostic tool in metabolic bone loss. Part I. Normal state,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 541–545, 1982.