- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 105479, 8 pages
The Swindon Foot and Ankle Questionnaire: Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words?
Department of Rheumatology, Great Western NHS Foundation Trust, Swindon SN3 6BB, UK
Received 12 July 2012; Accepted 29 August 2012
Academic Editors: P. Voulgari and P. Wretenberg
Copyright © 2012 Rosemary Waller et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Kerry, G. M. Holt, and I. Stockley, “The foot in chronic rheumatoid arthritis: a continuing problem,” Foot, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 201–203, 1994.
- K. Rome, P. J. Gow, N. Dalbeth, and J. M. Chapman, “Clinical audit of foot problems in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated at Counties Manukau District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand,” Journal of Foot and Ankle Research, vol. 2, no. 1, article 16, 2009.
- A. M. Wickman, M. S. Pinzur, R. Kadanoff, and D. Juknelis, “Health-related quality of life for patients with rheumatoid arthritis foot involvement,” Foot and Ankle International, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 2004.
- A. Rojas-Villarraga, J. Bayona, N. Zuluaga, S. Mejia, M. E. Hincapie, and J. M. Anaya, “The impact of rheumatoid foot on disability in Colombian patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 10, no. 1, article 67, 2009.
- A. Bal, E. Aydog, S. T. Aydog, and A. Cakci, “Foot deformities in rheumatoid arthritis and relevance of foot function index,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 671–675, 2006.
- D. L. Scott, C. Smith, and G. Kingsley, “Joint damage and disability in rheumatoid arthritis: an updated systematic review,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 21, no. 5, supplement 31, pp. S20–S27, 2003.
- M. van der Leeden, M. P. Steultjens, J. H. M. Dekker, A. P. A. Prins, and J. Dekker, “The relationship of disease duration to foot function, pain and disability in rheumatoid arthritis patients with foot complaints,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 275–280, 2007.
- A. Young, J. Dixey, N. Cox et al., “How does functional disability in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affect patients and their lives? Results of 5 years of follow-up in 732 patients from the Early RA Study (ERAS),” Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 603–611, 2000.
- R. Luqmani, S. Hennell, C. Estrach et al., “British Society for Rheumatology and British Health Professionals in Rheumatology guideline for the management of rheumatoid arthritis (the first two years),” Rheumatology, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1167–1169, 2006.
- R. Luqmani, S. Hennell, C. Estrach, et al., “British Society for Rheumatology and British Health Professionals in Rheumatology guideline for the management of rheumatoid arthritis (after the first 2 years),” Rheumatology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 436–439, 2009.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: The management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults, NICE clinical guideline 79, http://www.nice.org.uk/Guidance/CG79/NiceGuidance/pdf/English.
- Standards of care for people with inflammatory arthritis. Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance, http://www.arma.uk.net/overview.html.
- E. Hitchen and S. Otter, “Foot assessment in rheumatology—not just for podiatrists,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 69, supplement 3, p. 726, 2010.
- M. Juarez, E. Price, D. Collins, and L. Williamson, “Deficiencies in provision of integrated multidisciplinary podiatry care for patients with inflammatory arthritis: a UK district general hospital experience,” Foot, vol. 20, no. 2-3, pp. 71–74, 2010.
- D. Jama and D. G. Literacy, State of the Nation. A picture of the UK today. National Literacy Trust, 2010, http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/assets/0000/3816/FINAL_Literacy_State_of_the_Nation_-_30_March_2010.pdf.
- Leitch, Prosperity for all in the global economy—world class skills, Leitch review of skills, 2006, http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/other/0118404792/0118404792.pdf.
- C. Doak, L. Doak, and J. Root, Teaching Patients with Low Literacy Skills, J. P. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 1996.
- J. F. Fries, P. Spitz, R. G. Kraines, and H. R. Holman, “Measurement of patient outcome in arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 137–145, 1980.
- A. S. Zigmond and R. P. Snaith, “The hospital anxiety and depression scale,” Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 361–370, 1983.
- A. P. Garrow, A. C. Papageorgiou, A. J. Silman, E. Thomas, M. I. V. Jayson, and G. J. MacFarlane, “Development and validation of a questionnaire to assess disabling foot pain,” Pain, vol. 85, no. 1-2, pp. 107–113, 2000.
- D. M. F. M. Van der Heijde, M. A. Van't Hof, P. L. C. M. Van Riel, M. A. Van Leeuwen, M. H. Van Rijswijk, and L. B. A. Van de Putte, “Validity of single variables and composite indices for measuring disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 177–181, 1992.
- M. J. Harrison, A. Hassell, P. T. Dawes et al., “The overall status in rheumatoid arthritis (OSRA) measure—further evidence to support its use in clinical practice,” Rheumatology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 849–855, 2007.
- P. Tugwell and C. Bombardier, “A methodologic framework for developing and selecting endpoints in clinical trials.,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 758–762, 1982.
- P. J. Bennett, C. Patterson, S. Wearing, and T. Baglioni, “Development and validation of a questionnaire designed to measure foot-health status,” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 419–428, 1998.
- E. Budiman-Mak, K. J. Conrad, and K. E. Roach, “The Food Function Index: a measure of foot pain and disability,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 561–570, 1991.
- P. Helliwell, N. Reay, G. Gilworth et al., “Development of a foot impact scale for rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 418–422, 2005.
- S. Walmsley, A. E. Williams, M. Ravey, and A. Graham, “The rheumatoid foot: a systematic literature review of patient-reported outcome measures,” Journal of Foot and Ankle Research, vol. 3, no. 1, article 12, 2010.
- L. Grondal, B. Tengstrand, B. Nordmark, P. Wretenberg, and A. Stark, “The foot: Still the most important reason for walking incapacity in rheumatoid arthritis—distribution of symptomatic joints in 1,000 RA patients,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 257–261, 2008.
- J. I. Jaakkola and R. A. Mann, “A review of rheumatoid arthritis affecting the foot and ankle,” Foot and Ankle International, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 866–874, 2004.
- K. Shi, T. Tomita, K. Hayashida, H. Owaki, and T. Ochi, “Foot deformities in rheumatoid arthritis and relevance of disease severity,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 84–89, 2000.
- J. Woodburn, S. Barker, and P. S. Helliwell, “A randomized controlled trial of foot orthoses in rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1377–1383, 2002.
- E. Budiman-Mak, K. J. Conrad, K. E. Roach, et al., “Can foot orthoses prevent hallux valgus deformity in rheumatoid arthritis? A randomized clinical trial,” J Clin Rheumatol, vol. 1, pp. 313–322, 1995.