- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 129713, 9 pages
A Multisource Approach to Improving Epidemiologic Estimates: Application to Global B-Cell Malignancies
1Exponent, Health Sciences Practice, New York, NY 10170, USA
2Exponent, Health Sciences Practice, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
3Exponent, Health Sciences Practice, Bellevue, WA 98007, USA
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editors: H.-W. Lo, R. Nahta, and K. Sonoda
Copyright © 2012 Meghan E. Mitchell et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Sant, C. Allemani, and C. Tereanu, “Incidence of hematologic malignancies in Europe by morphologic subtype: results of the HAEMACARE project,” Blood, vol. 116, no. 19, pp. 3724–3734, 2010.
- N. Howlader, L. A. Ries, D. G. Stinchcomb, and B. K. Edwards, “The impact of underreported veterans affairs data on national cancer statistics: analysis using population-based SEER registries,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 101, no. 7, pp. 533–536, 2009.
- T. Sobue, M. Inoue, H. Tanaka, and Cancer Registry and Epidemiological Study Working Group, “Cancer registry and epidemiological study working group report,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 40, supplement 1, pp. i76–i81, 2010.
- National Cancer Institute, “What you need to know about Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma,” 2011, http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/non-hodgkin-lymphoma/page3.
- E. Jaffe, L. Harris, H. Stein, and J. Vardiman, World Health Organization Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2001.
- S. Swerdlow, E. Campo, N. Harris, et al., World Health Organization Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2008.
- M. Melbye and D. Trichopoulos, “Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” in Textbook of Cancer Epidemiology, H. Adami, D. Hunter, and D. Trichopoulos, Eds., Oxford University Press, 2002.
- R. A. Larson, “Acute lymphoblastic leukemia,” in Clinical Hematology and Oncology: Presentation, Diagnosis, and Treatment, B. Furie, P. A. Cassileth, M. B. Atkins, and R. J. Mayer, Eds., Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2003.
- International Association of Cancer Registries, 2011, http://www.iacr.com.fr/.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer, “Globocan 2008,” 2011, http://globocan.iarc.fr/.
- European Network of Cancer Registries, International Association of Cancer Registries, World Health Organization, 2011, http://www.encr.com.fr/.
- Cancer Incidence in Five Continents, International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization, 2011, http://ci5.iarc.fr/.
- H. Brenner, S. Francisci, R. de Angelis et al., “Long-term survival expectations of cancer patients in Europe in 2000–2002,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1028–1041, 2009.
- “Automated Childhood Cancer Information System,” International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization, 2011, http://accis.iarc.fr/index.php.
- Union for International Cancer Control, “Cancer registries,” 2011, http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic1014595.files//20111027_Supporting_Evidence_sheet_Cancer_Registeries_Cobranded.pdf.
- “Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results,” National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health, 2011, http://seer.cancer.gov/.
- M. Linet, S. Devesa, and G. Morgan, “The Leukemias,” in Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, D. Schottenfeld and J. F. Fraumeni, Eds., Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.
- Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results Program, “Incidence—SEER 17 regs research data, Nov 2009 sub (1973–2007)“Katrina/Rita population adjustment” linked to county attributes—total U.S., 1969–2007,” National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch, released April, 2010, based on November, 2009 submission, http://seer.cancer.gov/.
- B. Lacour, A. Guyot-Goubin, S. Guissou, S. Bellec, E. Désandes, and J. Clavel, “Incidence of childhood cancer in France: National Children Cancer Registries, 2000–2004,” European Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 173–181, 2010.
- R. Marcos-Gragera, J. Galceran, M. C. Martos, et al., “Childhood leukaemias in Spain: incidence and survival time trends,” in Proceedings of the GRELL Annual Meeting, Toledo, Spain, May 2010.
- “Deutsches kinderkrebsregister,” University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 2011, http://www.kinderkrebsregister.de/external/publications/annual-reports/current-annual-report/index.html?L=1.
- A. Belot, P. Grosclaude, N. Bossard, et al., “Cancer incidence and mortality in France over the period 1980–2005,” Revue d'Épidémiologie et de Santé Publique, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 159–175, 2008.
- R. Marcos-Gragera, C. Allemani, C. Tereanu et al., “Survival of European patients diagnosed with lymphoid neoplasms in 2000–2002: results of the HAEMACARE project,” Haematologica, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 720–728, 2011.
- E. Steliarova-Foucher, C. Stiller, B. Lacour, and P. Kaatsch, “International classification of childhood cancer, third edition,” Cancer, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 1457–1467, 2005.
- L. Yang, D. M. Parkin, J. Ferlay, L. Li, and Y. Chen, “Estimates of cancer incidence in China for 2000 and projections for 2005,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 243–250, 2005.
- J. Ferlay, D. M. Parkin, and E. Steliarova-Foucher, “Estimates of cancer incidence and mortality in Europe in 2008,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 765–781, 2010.
- Instituto Nacional do Cancer and Ministerio da Saude, “Cancer no Brasil: dados dos registros de cancer de base populacional, vol. 3,” INCA, Rio de Janiero, Brazil, 2003.
- H. R. Shin, Y. J. Won, K. W. Jung, and J. G. Park, “2001 annual report of the Korea Central Cancer Registry: based on registered data from 134 hospitals,” Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 19–30, 2004.
- Childhood Cancer Research Group, “The national registry of childhood tumours,” 2011, http://www.ccrg.ox.ac.uk/datasets/nrct.htm.
- Robert Koch Institut, “Topical information from the German Centre for Cancer Registry Data,” 2011.
- P. D. Baade, D. R. Youlden, P. C. Valery et al., “Trends in incidence of childhood cancer in Australia, 1983–2006,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 620–626, 2010.
- Associazione Italiana Registri Tumori (AIRTUM), “AIRTUM Database and Cancer Registries,” AIRTUM, http://www.registri-tumori.it/cms/en/english-home.
- T. Matsuda, T. Marugame, K. I. Kamo, K. Katanoda, W. Ajiki, and T. Sobue, “Cancer incidence and incidence rates in Japan in 2005: based on data from 12 population-based cancer registries in the monitoring of cancer incidence in Japan (MCIJ) project,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 139–147, 2011.
- C. Navarro, C. Martos, E. Ardanaz et al., “Population-based cancer registries in Spain and their role in cancer control,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 21, supplement 3, pp. iii3–iii13, 2010.
- National Cancer Registry Programme and Indian Council of Medical Research, “Three-year report of population based cancer registries 2006–2008. Incidence and distribution of cancer (first report of 20 PBCRs in India),” National Cancer Registry Programme, Banglagore, India, 2010.
- J. G. Chen, J. Zhu, Y. H. Zhang, and J. H. Lu, “Cancer survival in Qidong, China, 1992–2000,” IARC Scientific Publications, no. 162, pp. 43–53, 2011.
- L. Remontet, J. Estève, A. M. Bouvier et al., “Cancer incidence and mortality in France over the period 1978–2000,” Revue d'Epidemiologie et de Sante Publique, vol. 51, no. 1, part 1, pp. 3–30, 2003.
- N. Bossard, M. Velten, L. Remontet et al., “Survival of cancer patients in France: a population-based study from The Association of the French Cancer Registries (FRANCIM),” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 149–160, 2007.
- M. Colonna, A. Danzon, P. Delafosse et al., “Cancer prevalence in France: time trend, situation in 2002 and extrapolation to 2012,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 115–122, 2008.
- E. Hiripi, A. Gondos, K. Emrich, et al., “Survival from common and rare cancers in Germany in the early 21st century,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 472–479, 2012.
- “Northern and Yorkshire Cancer Registry and Information Service Cancer Registry,” National Cancer Service, 2011, http://www.nycris.nhs.uk/.