- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 136959, 7 pages
Empirical Study on Factors Affecting Biogas Production
College of Engineering, Science, and Technology, Fiji National University, Suva, Fiji
Received 10 April 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editors: R. S. Adhikari and S. S. Kalligeros
Copyright © 2012 Ravita D. Prasad. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Prasad, “Renewable energy resources and utilization in Fiji: An overview,” http://www.insula.org/solar/proceedi49.htm.
- R. Arthur, M. F. Baidoo, and E. Antwi, “Biogas as a potential renewable energy source: a Ghanaian case study,” Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1510–1516, 2011.
- L. Tudreu, Fiji Department of Energy, Suva (Personal communication via email on 6th May 2011).
- Updated Guidebook on Biogas Development, vol. 27 of Energy Resources Development Series, United Nations, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- C. G. Gunnerson and D. C. Stuckey, Anaerobic Digestion: Principles and Practices For Biogas Systems, The World Bank, Washington, DC, USA, 1986.
- M. A. Hessami, S. Christensen, and R. Gani, “Anaerobic digestion of household organic waste to produce biogas,” in Proceedings of the World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC '96), pp. 954–957, 1996.
- A. S. Sambo, B. Garba, and B. G. Danshehu, “Effect of some operating parameters on biogas production rate,” Renewable Energy, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 343–344, 1995.
- L. E. Erickson, E. Fayet, B. K. Kakumanu, and L. C. Davis, “Anaerobic digestion,” National Agricultural Biosecurity Center, Kansas State University, http://fss.k-state.edu/FeaturedContent/CarcassDisposal/PDF%20Files/CH%207%20-%20Anaerobic%20Digestion.pdf.
- P. Vandeviviere, L. De Baere, and W. Verstraete, “Types of anaerobic digester for solid wastes,” in Biomethanization of the Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Wastes, J. Mata-Alvarez, Ed., pp. 111–137, IWA Publishing, London, UK, 2002.
- P. Vindis, B. Mursec, M. Janzekovic, and G. Cus, “The impact of mesophilic and thermophilic anaerobic digestion on biogas production,” Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 192–198, 2009, http://ww.journalamme.org/papers_vol36_2/36210.pdf.