- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Machine Vision
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 152601, 7 pages
An Artificial Cellular Convolution Architecture for Real-Time Image Processing
1Griffith School of Engineering, Griffith University, Nathan Campus, Nathan, QLD 4111, Australia
2Machine Intelligence Group, School of Computer Science, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala, Technopark Campus, Thiruvananthapuram 695581, India
Received 20 July 2011; Accepted 28 August 2011
Academic Editors: J. Alvarez-Borrego and S. J. Horng
Copyright © 2012 H. Mahrous and A. P. James. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. M. Rocha, L. S. Yaeger, M. A. Bedau, D. Floreano, R. L. Goldstone, and A. Vespignani, “Artificial life X,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on the Simulation and Synthesis of Living Systems, MIT Press, 2006.
- R. A. Wilson and F. Keil, The MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences, The MIT Press, 1999.
- C. Adami, Introduction to Artificial Life, Springer, 1997.
- C. G. Langton, Artificial Life, Addison-Wesley, 1992.
- C. Szász and V. Chindriş, “Artificial life and communication strategy in bioinspired hardware systems with FPGA-based cell networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems, pp. 77–82, July 2007.
- V. I. Sobolev, “Convolution of functions,” in Encyclopaedia of Mathematics, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2001.
- J. Babaud, A. P. Witkin, M. Baudin, and R. O. Duda, “Uniqueness of the Gaussian kernel for scale-space filtering,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 26–33, 1986.
- V. Beiu, “A novel highly reliable low-power nano architecture when von Neumann augments Kolmogorov,” in Proceedings of 15th IEEE International Conference on Application-Specific Systems, Architectures and Processors, pp. 167–177, September 2004.
- D. G. Bailey, Design for Embedded Image Processing on FPGAs, Wiley, 2011.
- A. P. James and S. Dimitrijev, “Inter-image outliers and their application to image classification,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 4101–4112, 2010.
- A. P. James and S. Dimitrijev, “Face recognition using local binary decisions,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 15, pp. 821–824, 2008.