- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 158437, 5 pages
Does 3D Ultrasound Enhance the Diagnosis of Bladder Tumours in Patients with Haematuria?
Department of Urology, Hospital Geral de Santo António, CHP, 4099-001 Porto, Portugal
Received 18 November 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: K. H. Tsui
Copyright © 2012 Miguel Silva-Ramos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. Vera-Fonoso, B. Llopis, F. Oliver, G. Server, M. Alonso, and J. F. Jimenez-Crux, “Follow-up of superficial bladder cancer: how to spare cystoscopies?” European Urology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 17–19, 1990.
- E. Ozden, A. T. Turgut, K. Turkolmez, et al., “Effect of bladder carcinoma location on detection rates by ultrasonography and computed tomography,” Urology, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 889–892, 2007.
- G. D. Grossfeld, M. S. Litwin, J. S. Wolf Jr. et al., “Evaluation of asymptomatic microscopic hematuria in adults: the American Urological Association best practice policy—part II: patient evaluation, cytology, voided markers, imaging, cystoscopy, nephrology evaluation, and follow-up,” Urology, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 604–610, 2001.
- M. H. Moon, S. H. Kim, Y. H. Lee et al., “Diagnostic potential of three-dimensional ultrasound-based virtual cystoscopy: an experimental study using pig bladders,” Investigative Radiology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 883–889, 2006.
- M. Mitterberger, G. M. Pinggera, H. Neuwirt et al., “Three-dimensional ultrasonography of the urinary bladder: preliminary experience of assessment in patients with haematuria,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 111–116, 2007.
- E. Kocakoc, A. Kiris, I. Orhan, et al., “Detection of bladder tumors with 3-dimensional sonography and virtual sonographic cystoscopy,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 2008.
- H. J. Park, S. S. Hong, J. H. Kim et al., “Tumor detection and serosal invasion of bladder cancer: role of three-dimensional volumetric reconstructed US,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 265–270, 2010.
- C. Nicolau, L. Bunesch, C. Sebastia, et al., “Diagnosis of bladder cancer: contrast-enhanced ultrasound,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 494–503, 2010.
- M. Claudon, D. Cosgrove, T. Albrecht et al., “Guidelines and good clinical practice recommendations for contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS)—update 2008,” Ultraschall in der Medizin, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 28–44, 2008.
- H. Arslan, K. Ceylan, M. Harman, et al., “Virtual computed tomography cystoscopy in bladder pathologies,” International Brazilian Journal of Urology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 147–154, 2006.
- E. Suleyman, E. Yekeler, M. Dursun et al., “Bladder tumors: virtual MR cystoscopy,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 483–489, 2006.
- T. A. Kishore, G. K. George, and S. Bhat, “Virtual cystoscopy by intravesical instillation of dilute contrast medium: preliminary experience,” Journal of Urology, vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 870–874, 2006.
- R. I. Lopes, L. Nogueira, C. J. Albertotti, et al., “Comparison of virtual cystoscopy and transabdominal ultrasonography with conventional cystoscopy for bladder tumor detection,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1725–1729, 2008.
- H. W. Herr and S. M. Donat, “A comparison of white-light cystoscopy and narrow-band imaging cystoscopy to detect bladder tumour recurrences,” British Journal of Urology International, vol. 102, no. 9, pp. 1111–1114, 2008.
- J. A. Witjes and J. Douglass, “The role of hexaminolevulinate fluorescence cystoscopy in bladder cancer,” Nature Clinical Practice Urology, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 542–549, 2007.
- F. Shen, K. Shinohara, D. Kumar et al., “Three-dimensional sonography with needle tracking: role in diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 895–905, 2008.
- M. Riccabona, G. Fritz, and E. Ring, “Potential applications of three-dimensional ultrasound in the pediatric urinary tract: pictorial demonstration based on preliminary results,” European Radiology, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 2680–2687, 2003.
- G. A. Digesu, D. Robinson, L. Cardozo, et al., “Three-dimensional ultrasound of the urethral sphincter predicts continence surgery outcome,” Neurourol Urodyn, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 90–94, 2009.
- B. Wagner, T. Nesslauer, G. Bartsch Jr., et al., “Staging bladder carcinoma by three-dimensional ultrasound rendering,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 301–305, 2005.