- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 161565, 5 pages
Tooth Surface Loss and Associated Risk Factors in Northern Saudi Arabia
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Al Jouf University, P.O. Box 2014, Al-Jouf 42421, Saudi Arabia
Received 21 April 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editors: E. T. Giampaolo and G. V. Kulkarni
Copyright © 2012 Bader K. Al-Zarea. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kelleher and K. Bishop, “Tooth surface loss: an overview,” British Dental Journal, vol. 186, no. 2, pp. 61–66, 1999.
- K. Harley, “Tooth wear in the child and the youth,” British Dental Journal, vol. 186, no. 10, pp. 492–496, 1999.
- L. Shaw and A. J. Smith, “Dental erosion—the problem and some practical solutions,” British Dental Journal, vol. 186, no. 3, pp. 115–118, 1999.
- C. R. Dugmore and W. P. Rock, “The prevalence of tooth erosion in 12-year-old children,” British Dental Journal, vol. 196, no. 5, pp. 279–282, 2004.
- P. F. Bardsley, S. Taylor, and A. Milosevic, “Epidemiological studies of tooth wear and dental erosion in 14-year-old children in North West England. Part 1: the relationship with water fluoridation and social deprivation,” British Dental Journal, vol. 197, no. 7, pp. 413–416, 2004.
- P. F. Bardsley, “The evolution of tooth wear indices,” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 12, supplement 1, pp. 15–19, 2008.
- G. E. Carlsson, A. Johansson, and S. Lundqvist, “Occlusal wear. A follow-up study of 18 subjects with extensively worn dentitions,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 1985.
- E. A. Kidd and B. G. Smith, “Toothwear histories: a sensitive issue,” Dental Update, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 174–178, 1993.
- D. Bartlett and C. Dugmore, “Pathological or physiological erosion—is there a relationship to age?” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 12, supplement 1, pp. S27–S31, 2008.
- R. Ibbetson and A. Eder, “Tooth surface loss,” British Dental Journal, vol. 186, pp. 427–428, 1999.
- M. K. Al-Omiri, P. J. Lamey, and T. Clifford, “Impact of tooth wear on daily living,” International Journal of Prosthodontics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 601–605, 2006.
- M. K. Al-Omiri, R. Harb, O. A. Abu Hammad, P. J. Lamey, E. Lynch, and T. J. Clifford, “Quantification of tooth wear: conventional vs new method using toolmakers microscope and a three-dimensional measuring technique,” Journal of Dentistry, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 560–568, 2010.
- B. G. Smith and J. K. Knight, “An index for measuring the wear of teeth,” British Dental Journal, vol. 156, no. 12, pp. 435–438, 1984.
- G. Oilo, B. L. Dahl, G. Hatle, and A. L. Gad, “An index for evaluating wear of teeth,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 361–365, 1987.
- A. Johansson, T. Haraldson, R. Omar, S. Kiliaridis, and G. E. Carlsson, “A system for assessing the severity and progression of occlusal tooth wear,” Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 125–131, 1993.
- K. Fareed, A. Johansson, and R. Omar, “Prevalence and severity of occlusal tooth wear in a young Saudi population,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 279–285, 1990.
- A. Hugoson, A. Ekfeldt, G. Koch, and A. L. Hallonsten, “Incisal and occlusal tooth wear in children and adolescents in a Swedish population,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 263–270, 1996.
- Y. H. Al-Dlaigan, “Dental erosion in a group of British 14-year-old, school children. Part I: prevalence and influence of differing socioeconomic backgrounds,” British Dental Journal, vol. 190, no. 3, pp. 145–149, 2001.
- A. Hasselkvist, A. Johansson, and A. K. Johansson, “Dental erosion and soft drink consumption in Swedish children and adolescents and the development of a simplified erosion partial recording system,” Swedish Dental Journal, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 187–195, 2010.
- I. B. Arnadottir, W. P. Holbrook, H. Eggertsson et al., “Prevalence of dental erosion in children: a national survey,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 521–526, 2010.
- P. Bardolia, G. Burnside, A. Ashcroft et al., “Prevalence and risk indicators of erosion in thirteen- to fourteen-year-olds on the isle of man,” Caries Research, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 165–168, 2010.
- A. Johansson, K. Fareed, and R. Omar, “Analysis of possible factors influencing the occurrence of occlusal tooth wear in a young Saudi population,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 139–145, 1991.
- D. W. Bartlett, P. Y. Coward, C. Nikkah, and R. F. Wilson, “The prevalence of tooth wear in a cluster sample of adolescent schoolchildren and its relationship with potential explanatory factors,” British Dental Journal, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 125–129, 1998.
- A. Lussi, M. Schaffner, P. Hotz, and P. Suter, “Dental erosion in a population of Swiss adults,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 286–290, 1991.
- M. A. Donachie and A. W. G. Walls, “The tooth wear index: a flawed epidemiological tool in an ageing population group,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 152–158, 1996.
- D. W. Bartlett, “Retrospective long term monitoring of tooth wear using study models,” British Dental Journal, vol. 194, no. 4, pp. 211–213, 2003.
- A. Nekora-Azak, E. Yengin, G. Evlioglu, A. Ceyhan, O. Ocak, and H. Issever, “Prevalence of bruxism awareness in Istanbul, Turkey,” Cranio, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 122–127, 2010.
- L. Shaw and A. Smith, “Erosion in children: an increasing clinical problem?” Dental Update, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 103–106, 1994.
- A. Milosevic, “Toothwear: aetiology and presentation,” Dental Update, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 6–11, 1998.
- C. M. Kreulen, A. Van'T Spijker, J. M. Rodriguez, E. M. Bronkhorst, N. H. J. Creugers, and D. W. Bartlett, “Systematic review of the prevalence of tooth wear in children and adolescents,” Caries Research, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2010.
- J. Cunha-Cruz, H. Pashova, J. D. Packard, L. Zhou, and T. J. Hilton, “Tooth wear: prevalence and associated factors in general practice patients,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 228–234, 2010.
- P. Wang, H. C. Lin, J. H. Chen, and H. Y. Liang, “The prevalence of dental erosion and associated risk factors in 12-13-year-old school children in Southern China,” BMC Public Health, vol. 10, article 478, 2010.
- M. A. Bassiouny, “Clinical features and differential diagnosis of erosion lesions: systemic etiologies,” General Dentistry, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 244–255, 2010.