- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 167804, 5 pages
Germination of Primed Seed under NaCl Stress in Wheat
1School of Biomedical and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Plymouth University, Plymouth PL4 8AA, UK
2Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editors: F. A. Culianez-Macia and A. W. Woodward
Copyright © 2012 Michael P. Fuller et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Jajarmi, “Effect of water stress on germination indices in seven wheat cultivar,” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 49, pp. 105–106, 2009.
- S. Rafiq, T. Iqbal, A. Hameed, R. Zulfiqar Ali, and N. Rafiq, “Morphobiochemical analysis of salinity stress response of wheat,” Pakistan Journal of Botany, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1759–1767, 2006.
- S. S. Lee and J. H. Kim, “Total sugars, α-amylase activity, and germination after priming of normal and aged rice seeds,” Korean Journal of Crop Science, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 108–111, 2000.
- D. J. Cantliffe, “Seed enhancements,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 607, pp. 53–62, 2003.
- M. Iqbal, M. Ashraf, A. Jamil, and S. ur-Rehman, “Does seed priming induce changes in the levels of some endogenous plant hormones in hexaploid wheat plants under salt stress?” Journal of Integrative Plant Biology, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 181–189, 2006.
- H. A. Khan, C. M. Ayub, M. A. Pervez, R. M. Bilal, M. A. Shahid, and K. Ziaf, “Effect of seed priming with NaCl on salinity tolerance of hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) at seedling stage,” Soil & Environment, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 81–87, 2009.
- M. Ashraf and M. R. Foolad, “Pre-sowing seed treatment-A shotgun approach to improve germination, plant growth, and crop yield under saline and non-saline conditions,” Advances in Agronomy, vol. 88, pp. 223–271, 2005.
- F. Carbineau and D. Come, “Priming: a technique for improving seed quality,” Seed Testing International, no. 132, 2006.
- M. Z. Jafar, M. Farooq, M. A. Cheema, et al., “Improving the performance of wheat by seed priming under saline conditions,” Journal of Agronomy & Crop Science, vol. 198, pp. 38–45, 2012.
- M. A. Kader and S. C. Jutzi, “Effects of thermal and salt treatments during imbibition on germination and seedling growth of sorghum at 42/19°C,” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 2004.
- M. A. Kader, “A comparison of seed germination calculation formulae and the associated interpretation of resulting data,” Journal and Proceeding of the Royal Society of New South Wales, vol. 138, pp. 65–75, 2005.
- R. G. Steel, J. H. Torrie, and D. A. Dickey, Principles and Procedures of Statistics, a Biometrical Approach, McGraw Hill Book, Singapore, 3rd edition, 1997.
- M. Almansouri, J. M. Kinet, and S. Lutts, “Effect of salt and osmotic stresses on germination in durum wheat (Triticum durum Desf.),” Plant and Soil, vol. 231, no. 2, pp. 243–254, 2001.