- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Astronomy and Astrophysics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 171829, 7 pages
Three-Dimensional Filamentation Analysis of SDSS DR5 Survey
1Department of Astronomy, University of Science and Technology of China, Jinzhai Road 96, Anhui Province,
Hefei 230026, China
2Department of Physics, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469, USA
3Department of Mathematics & Statistics Institute for Molecular Biophysics, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. Ferrari and H. Zhao
Copyright © 2012 Yongfeng Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. York, “The sloan digital sky survey: technical summary,” The Astronomical Journal, vol. 120, p. 1579, 2000.
- D. H. Weinberg, “Mapping the large-scale structure of the universe,” Science, vol. 309, no. 5734, pp. 564–565, 2005.
- S. P. D. Gill, A. Kneb, and B. K. Gibson, “The evolution of substructure—I. A new identification method,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 351, pp. 399–409, 2004.
- K. Dolag, S. Borgani, S. Schindler, A. Diaferio, and A. M. Bykov, “Simulation techniques for cosmological simulations,” Space Science Reviews, vol. 134, no. 1–4, pp. 229–268, 2008.
- D. J. Croton, V. Springel, S. D. M. White et al., “The many lives of active galactic nuclei: cooling flows, black holes and the luminosities and colours of galaxies,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 365, no. 1, pp. 11–28, 2006.
- A. A. Berlind, J. Frieman, D. H. Weinberg et al., “Percolation galaxy groups and clusters in the SDSS redshift survey: identification, catalogs, and the multiplicity function,” Astrophysical Journal, Supplement Series, vol. 167, pp. 1–25, 2006.
- Z. Cheng, H. T. Zhang, M. Z. Q. Chen, T. Zhou, and N. V. Valeyev, “Aggregation pattern transitions by slightly varying the attractive/repulsive function,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 7, Article ID e22123, 2011.
- W. X. Wang, R. Yang, Y. C. Lai, V. Kovanis, and C. Grebogi, “Predicting catastrophes in nonlinear dynamical systems by compressive sensing,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 15, Article ID 154101, 2011.
- V. Springel, “The cosmological simulation code GADGET-2,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 364, no. 4, pp. 1105–1134, 2005.
- Y. Wu, D. J. Batuski, and A. Khalil, “Multi-scale morphological analysis of sdss DR5 survey using the metric space technique,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 707, no. 2, pp. 1160–1167, 2009.
- X. Yang, L.-L. Feng, Y. Chu, and L.-Z. Fang, “Measuring the galaxy power spectrum with multiresolution decomposition—II. Diagonal and off-diagonal power spectra of the Las Campanas Redshift Survey galaxies,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 553, pp. 1–13, 2001.
- L. Cao, Y.-Q. Chu, and L.-Z. Fang, “Cross-correlation between WMAP and 2MASS: non-Gaussianity induced by the SZ effect,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 369, no. 2, pp. 645–654, 2006.
- Y. B. Zeldovich, Soviet Astronomy Letters, vol. 8, p. 102, 1982.
- S. F. Shandarin, Soviet Astronomy Letters, vol. 9, p. 104, 1983.
- V. Sahni, B. S. Sathyaprakash, and S. F. Shandarin, “Probing large-scale structure using percolation and genus curves,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 476, no. 1, pp. L1–L5, 1997.
- T. Kiang, Y. Wu, and X. Zhu, Chinese Journal of Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 3, p. 209, 2004.
- S. D. M. White, “The hierarchy of correlation functions and its relation to the measures of galaxy clustering,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 186, p. 145, 1979.
- P. J. E. Peebles, Principles of Physical Cosmology, Princeton University Press, 1980.
- E. Saar, V. J. Martínez, J. L. Starck, and D. L. Donoho, “Multiscale morphology of the galaxy distribution,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 374, no. 3, pp. 1030–1044, 2007.
- B. Somnath, V. Sahni, B. S. Sathyaprakash, S. F. Shandarin, and C. Yess, “Evidence for filamentarity in the Las Campanas Redshift Survey,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 528, no. 1, pp. 21–29, 2000.
- J. F. Robitaille, G. Joncas, and A. Khalil, “Morphological analysis of H i features—III. Metric space technique revisited,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 405, no. 1, pp. 638–656, 2010.
- M. Davis and P. J. E. Peebles, “A survey of galaxy redshifts—5. The two-point position and velocity correlations,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 267, pp. 465–482, 1983.
- S. Weinberg, Gravitation and Cosmolgy: Principles and Applications of the General Theory of Relativity, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- M. S. Warren and J. K. Salmon, “Parallel hashed Oct-tree N-body algorithm,” in Proceedings of the Supercomputing Conference, pp. 12–21, IEEE Computer Society, November 1993.
- U. Seljak and M. Zaldarriaga, “A line-of-sight integration approach to cosmic microwave background anisotropies,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 469, no. 2, pp. 437–444, 1996.
- A. A. Berlind and D. H. Weinberg, “The halo occupation distribution: toward an empirical determination of the relation between galaxies and mass,” Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 575, no. 2 I, pp. 587–616, 2002.
- J. S. Bagla, “TreePM: a code for cosmological N-Body simulations,” Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy, vol. 23, no. 3-4, pp. 185–196, 2002.