- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Veterinary Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 201721, 6 pages
Presence of Infectious Bronchitis Virus Strain CK/CH/LDL/97I in the Middle East
1Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P. O. Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
2Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Resources, King Faisal University, Al-Ihssa 31982, Saudi Arabia
Received 28 December 2011; Accepted 30 January 2012
Academic Editors: A. Balkema-Buschmann, M. Benko, M. H. Kogut, V. Nair, and A. Shamay
Copyright © 2012 Mustafa Ababneh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Cavanagh, “Severe acute respiratory syndrome vaccine development: experiences of vaccination against avian infectious bronchitis coronavirus,” Avian Pathology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 567–582, 2003.
- K. S. Choi, E. K. Lee, W. J. Jeon, M. J. Park, J. W. Kim, and J. H. Kwon, “Pathogenicity and antigenicity of a new variant of Korean nephropathogenic infectious bronchitis virus,” Journal of Veterinary Science, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 357–359, 2009.
- R. Meir, E. Rosenblut, S. Perl et al., “Identification of a novel nephropathogenic infectious bronchitis virus in Israel,” Avian Diseases, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 635–641, 2004.
- K. J. Worthington, R. J. W. Currie, and R. C. Jones, “A reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction survey of infectious bronchitis virus genotypes in Western Europe from 2002 to 2006,” Avian Pathology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 247–257, 2008.
- C. Terregino, A. Toffan, M. Serena Beato et al., “Pathogenicity of a QX strain of infectious bronchitis virus in specific pathogen free and commercial broiler chickens, and evaluation of protection induced by a vaccination programme based on the Ma5 and 4/91 serotypes,” Avian Pathology, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 487–493, 2008.
- C. Sun, Z. Han, H. Ma et al., “Phylogenetic analysis of infectious bronchitis coronaviruses newly isolated in China, and pathogenicity and evaluation of protection induced by Massachusetts serotype H120 vaccine against QX-like strains,” Avian Pathology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 43–54, 2011.
- S. Liu, X. Zhang, Y. Wang et al., “Evaluation of the protection conferred by commercial vaccines and attenuated heterologous isolates in China against the CK/CH/LDL/97I strain of infectious bronchitis coronavirus,” Veterinary Journal, vol. 179, no. 1, pp. 130–136, 2009.
- L. Yu, Y. Jiang, S. Low et al., “Characterization of three infectious bronchitis virus isolates from China associated with proventriculus in vaccinated chickens,” Avian Diseases, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 416–424, 2001.
- Z. Han, C. Sun, B. Yan et al., “A 15-year analysis of molecular epidemiology of avian infectious bronchitis coronavirus in China,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 190–200, 2011.
- M. W. Jackwood, T. O. Boynton, D. A. Hilt et al., “Emergence of a group 3 coronavirus through recombination,” Virology, vol. 398, no. 1, pp. 98–108, 2010.
- D. Cavanagh, J. P. Picault, R. E. Gough, M. Hess, K. Mawditt, and P. Britton, “Variation in the spike protein of the 793/B type of infectious bronchitis virus, in the field and during alternate passage in chickens and embryonated eggs,” Avian Pathology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 20–25, 2005.
- B. S. Ladman, A. B. Loupos, and J. Gelb Jr., “Infectious bronchitis virus S1 gene sequence comparison is a better predictor of challenge of immunity in chickens than serotyping by virus neutralization,” Avian Pathology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 127–133, 2006.
- D. Cavanagh, M. M. Ellis, and J. K. A. Cook, “Relationship between sequence variation in the S1 spike protein of infectious bronchitis virus and the extent of cross-protection in vivo,” Avian Pathology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 63–74, 1997.
- D. A. Roussan, G. Y. Khawaldeh, and I. A. Shaheen, “Infectious bronchitis virus in Jordanian chickens: seroprevalence and detection,” Canadian Veterinary Journal, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 77–80, 2009.
- S. A. Callison, M. W. Jackwood, and D. A. Hilt, “Molecular characterization of infectious bronchitis virus isolates foreign to the United States and comparison with United States isolates,” Avian Diseases, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 492–499, 2001.
- Z. H. Mahmood, R. R. Sleman, and A. U. Uthman, “Isolation and molecular characterization of Sul/01/09 avian infectious bronchitis virus, indicates the emergence of a new genotype in the Middle East,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 150, no. 1-2, pp. 21–27, 2011.
- A. Farsang, C. Ros, L. H. M. Renstrom, C. Baule, T. Soos, and S. Belak, “Molecular epizootiology of infectious bronchitis virus in Sweden indicating the involvement of a vaccine strain,” Avian Pathology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 229–236, 2002.
- R. C. Jones, K. J. Worthington, I. Capua, and C. J. Naylor, “Efficacy of live infectious bronchitis vaccines against a novel European genotype, Italy 02,” Veterinary Record, vol. 156, no. 20, pp. 646–647, 2005.
- A. Dereeper, V. Guignon, G. Blanc et al., “Phylogeny.fr: robust phylogenetic analysis for the non-specialist,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, pp. W465–469, 2008.
- N. L. Zou, F. F. Zhao, Y. P. Wang et al., “Genetic analysis revealed LX4 genotype strains of avian infectious bronchitis virus became predominant in recent years in Sichuan area, China,” Virus Genes, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 202–209, 2010.
- H. J. Lee, H. N. Youn, J. S. Kwon et al., “Characterization of a novel live attenuated infectious bronchitis virus vaccine candidate derived from a Korean nephropathogenic strain,” Vaccine, vol. 28, no. 16, pp. 2887–2894, 2010.
- H. J. Geerligs, G. J. Boelm, C. A. M. Meinders et al., “Efficacy and safety of an attenuated live QX-like infectious bronchitis virus strain as a vaccine for chickens,” Avian Pathology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2011.