- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 202715, 6 pages
Experimental Study of Effects of Coflow Air and Partial Premixing on Liquid Petroleum Gas Flames
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 600036, India
Received 6 December 2011; Accepted 15 January 2012
Academic Editors: J. K. Brennan, I. I. El-Sharkawy, K. Khanafer, M. Manciu, and G. Polidori
Copyright © 2012 R. Sreenivasan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. P. Mishra and A. Rahman, “An experimental study of flammability limits of LPG/air mixtures,” Fuel, vol. 82, no. 7, pp. 863–866, 2003.
- D. P. Mishra, “Stability and emission in a LPG-Air premixed coaxial jet flame burner under a wide range of operating conditions,” International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, vol. 7, article A64, 2009.
- D. P. Mishra and P. Kumar, “Experimental investigation of laminar LPG-H2 jet diffusion flame with preheated reactants,” Fuel, vol. 87, no. 13-14, pp. 3091–3095, 2008.
- J. P. Gore and N. J. Zhan, “ emission and major species concentrations in partially premixed laminar methane/air co-flow jet flames,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 414–427, 1996.
- K. H. Lyle, L. K. Tseng, J. P. Gore, and N. M. Laurendeau, “A study of pollutant emission characteristics of partially premixed turbulent jet flames,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 627–639, 1999.
- A. Demirbaş, “Fuel properties of hydrogen, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and compressed natural gas (CNG) for transportation,” Energy Sources, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 601–610, 2002.
- K. Lee and J. Ryu, “An experimental study of the flame propagation and combustion characteristics of LPG fuel,” Fuel, vol. 84, no. 9, pp. 1116–1127, 2005.