- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 210306, 3 pages
Malocclusion Pattern (Angle's) in Mauritian Orthodontic Patients
1Faculty, Dental Health Department, Dental Biomaterials Research Chair, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh 11433, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Pedodontics, MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3Dental Biomaterials Research Chair, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, Riyadh 560013, Saudi Arabia
4Faculty, Department of Orthodontics, Mauras, College of Dentistry and Hospital, Arsenal, Mauritius
Received 7 February 2012; Accepted 4 March 2012
Academic Editor: D. Wray
Copyright © 2012 B. H. Durgesh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Šidlauskas and K. Lopatiene, “The prevalence of malocclusion among 7–15-year-old Lithuanian schoolchildren,” Medicina, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 147–152, 2009.
- B. Thilander, L. Pena, C. Infante, S. S. Parada, and C. De Mayorga, “Prevalence of malocclusion and orthodontic treatment need in children and adolescents in Bogota, Colombia. An epidemiological study related to different stages of dental development,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 153–167, 2001.
- J. A. Brunelle, M. Bhat, and J. A. Lipton, “Prevalence and distribution of selected occlusal characteristics in the US population, 1988–1991,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 75, pp. 706–713, 1996.
- F. Ciuffolo, L. Manzoli, M. D'Attilio et al., “Prevalence and distribution by gender of occlusal characteristics in a sample of Italian secondary school students: a cross-sectional study,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 601–606, 2005.
- E. Josefsson, K. Bjerklin, and R. Lindsten, “Malocclusion frequency in Swedish and immigrant adolescents—influence of origin on orthodontic treatment need,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 79–87, 2007.
- P. M. Ng’ang’a, F. Ohio, B. Ogaard, and J. Valderhaug, “The prevalence of malocclusion in 13- to 15-year-old children in Nairobi, Kenya,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 54, pp. 126–130, 1996.
- E. H. Angle, “Classification of malocclusion,” Dental Cosmos, vol. 41, pp. 248–264, 1899.
- E. L. K. Tang and S. H. Y. Wei, “Recording and measuring malocclusion: a review of the literature,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 344–351, 1993.
- M. O. Sayin and H. Türkkahraman, “Malocclusion and crowding in an orthodontically referred turkish population,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 635–639, 2004.
- R. G. Silva and D. S. Kang, “Prevalence of malocclusion among Latino adolescents,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 313–315, 2001.
- W. B. Jones, “Malocclusion and facial types in a group of Saudi Arabian patients referred for orthodontic treatment: a preliminary study,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 143–146, 1987.
- C. O. Onyeaso, G. A. Aderinokun, and M. O. Arowojolu, “The pattern of malocclusion among orthodontic patients seen in Dental Centre, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria,” African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 207–211, 2002.