- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 219703, 8 pages
Effect of Ethanol Content on Thermal Efficiency of a Spark-Ignition Light-Duty Engine
Istituto Motori, Italian National Research Council, Via Marconi 8, 80125 Naples, Italy
Received 20 April 2012; Accepted 9 August 2012
Academic Editors: M. S. Abdel-Mottaleb and S. Karellas
Copyright © 2012 Luigi De Simio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. K. Paul, Ethyl Alcohol Production and Use as a Motor Fuel, Noyes Data Corporation, Park Ridge, NJ, USA, 1979.
- L. C. M. Sales and J. R. Sodré, “Cold start emissions of an ethanol-fuelled engine with heated intake air and fuel,” Fuel, vol. 95, pp. 122–125, 2012.
- T. C. Cordeiro de Melo, G. B. Machado, C. R. P. Belchior et al., “Hydrous ethanol-gasoline blends—combustion and emission investigations on a flex-fuel engine,” Fuel, vol. 97, pp. 796–804, 2012.
- R. C. O. B. Delgado, A. S. Araujo, and V. J. Fernandes, “Properties of Brazilian gasoline mixed with hydrated ethanol for flex-fuel technology,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 365–368, 2007.
- C. Bastian-Pinto, L. Brandão, and M. de Lemos Alves, “Valuing the switching flexibility of the ethanol-gas flex fuel car,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 176, no. 1, pp. 333–348, 2010.
- B. Q. He, J. X. Wang, J. M. Hao, X. G. Yan, and J. H. Xiao, “A study on emission characteristics of an EFI engine with ethanol blended gasoline fuels,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 949–957, 2003.
- M. Al-Hasan, “Effect of ethanol-unleaded gasoline blends on engine performance and exhaust emission,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1547–1561, 2003.
- J. R. Tavares, M. S. Sthel, L. S. Campos et al., “Evaluation of pollutant gases emitted by ethanol and gasoline powered vehicles,” Procedia Environmental Sciences, vol. 4, pp. 51–60, 2011.
- I. Schifter, L. Diaz, R. Rodriguez, J. P. Gómez, and U. Gonzalez, “Combustion and emissions behavior for ethanol-gasoline blends in a single cylinder engine,” Fuel, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 3586–3592, 2011.
- M. Eyidogan, A. N. Ozsezen, M. Canakci, and A. Turkcan, “Impact of alcohol-gasoline fuel blends on the performance and combustion characteristics of an SI engine,” Fuel, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 2713–2720, 2010.
- A. Irimescu, “Fuel conversion efficiency of a port injection engine fueled with gasoline-isobutanol blends,” Energy, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 3030–3035, 2011.
- T. Topgül, H. S. Yücesu, C. Çinar, and A. Koca, “The effects of ethanol-unleaded gasoline blends and ignition timing on engine performance and exhaust emissions,” Renewable Energy, vol. 31, no. 15, pp. 2534–2542, 2006.
- R. K. Niven, “Ethanol in gasoline: environmental impacts and sustainability review article,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 535–555, 2005.
- S.-D. Charlotte, METEV, Measurement Technology for Emissions from Ethanol Fuelled Vehicles AVL MTC, 9711, AVL MTC AB, 2009/11, 2009.
- H. Özcan and M. S. Söylemez, “Thermal balance of a LPG fuelled, four stroke SI engine with water addition,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 570–581, 2006.
- V. Subramanian, J. M. Mallikarjuna, and A. Ramesh, “Effect of water injection and spark timing on the nitric oxide emission and combustion parameters of a hydrogen fuelled spark ignition engine,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1159–1173, 2007.