- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 230621, 7 pages
Fabrication and Development of Pectin Microsphere of Metformin Hydrochloride
1Department of Pharmacy, Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Majhitar, Rangpo, East Sikkim 737136, India
2Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Bidhannagar, West Bengal, Durgapur 713212, India
Received 27 March 2012; Accepted 6 June 2012
Academic Editors: J.-J. Chen, J.-M. Huang, and E. Lattmann
Copyright © 2012 Pritam Banerjee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Gwen and J. R. Robinson, “Sustained and controlled release drug delivery systems,” in Modern Pharmaceutics, vol. 72, p. 575, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1996.
- W. Y. Thomas and J. R. Robinson, “Controlled release drug delivery system,” in The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, vol. 1, p. 903, 20th edition, 2001.
- P. Sriamornsak, “Chemistry of pectin and its pharmaceutical uses : a review,” Silpakorn University International Journal, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 206–228, 2003.
- L. S. Liu, Y. J. Won, P. H. Cooke et al., “Pectin/poly(lactide-co-glycolide) composite matrices for biomedical applications,” Biomaterials, vol. 25, no. 16, pp. 3201–3210, 2004.
- P. K. Choudhury and M. Kar, “Controlled release metformin hydrochloride microspheres of ethyl cellulose prepared by different methods and study on the polymer affected parameters,” Journal of Microencapsulation, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 46–53, 2009.
- A. Semalty and M. Semalty, “Preparation and characterization of mucoadhesive microspheres of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride,” in Controlled Release Polymeric Formulations, pp. 345–351, American Chemical Society, 1993.
- K. N. Shovarni and A. G. Goundalkar, “Preparation and evaluation of microsphere of diclofenac sodium,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 45–50, 1994.
- P. K. Rout and B. S. Nayak, “Formulation design, preparation of losartan potassium microspheres by solvent evaporation method and it's in vitro characterization,” Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 166–170, 2009.
- M. C. Gohel, R. K. Parikh, and A. Surati, “Preparation and formulation evaluation of diclofenac sodium,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 575–581, 2005.
- D. R. Bhumkar and M. M. Patil, “Studies on effect of variabilities by response methodology for naproxane microspheres,” Indian Drugs, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 455–461, 2003.
- K. Abu-Izza, L. Garcia-Contreras, and D. R. Lu, “Preparation and evaluation of zidovudine-loaded sustained-release microspheres. 2. Optimization of multiple response variables,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 572–576, 1996.
- J. Wang and D. R. Flanagan, “General solution for diffusion-controlled dissolution of spherical particles. 1. Theory,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 731–738, 1999.
- D. M. Morkhade, S. V. Fulzele, P. M. Satturwar, and S. B. Joshi, “Gum copal and gum damar: Novel matrix forming materials for sustained drug delivery,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 2006.
- T. Higuchi, “Mechanism of sustained-action medication. Theoretical analysis of rate of release of solid drugs dispersed in solid matrices,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 1145–1149, 1963.
- H. Fesssi, J.-P. Marty, F. Puisieux, and J. T. Carstensen, “The Higuchi square root equation applied to matrices with high content of soluble drug substance,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 265–274, 1978.
- S. Bolton, “Analylisis of varience,” in Pharmaceutical Statistics-Practical and Clinical Application, pp. 235–269, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- K. Rajagopal and K. Sasikala, “Antihyperglycaemic and antihyperlipidaemic effects of Nymphaea stellata in alloxan-induced diabetic rats,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 137–141, 2008.
- P. Daisy and M. Rajathi, “Hypoglycemic effects of Clitoria ternatea Linn. (Fabaceae) in alloxan-induced diabetes in rats,” Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 393–398, 2009.
- R. L. Thies, D. W. Cowens, P. R. Cullis, M. B. Bally, and L. D. Mayer, “Method for rapid separation of liposome-associated doxorubicin from free doxorubicin in plasma,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 65–71, 1990.
- D. Jain, S. Jain, D. Jain, and M. Amin, “Simultaneous estimation of metformin hydrochloride, pioglitazone hydrochloride, and glimepiride by RP-HPLC in tablet formulation,” Journal of Chromatographic Science, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 501–504, 2008.
- G. R. Chatwal and S. K. Anand, “Infrared absorption spectroscopy,” in Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis, pp. 2.29–2.82, Himalayan Publishing House, Mumbai, India, 5th edition, 2005.
- W. Kemp, “Infrared spectroscopy,” in Organic Spectroscopy, pp. 19–99, ELBS with Macmillan, Hong Kong, China, 3rd edition, 1996.