- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 240297, 6 pages
Analysis of Entropy Generation Minimization in Circular Porous Fins
1Science and Research Branch, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Islamic Azad University, P.O. Box 35131-3711, Semnan, Iran
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Islamic Azad university, Semnan Branch, P.O. Box 35131-3711, Semnan, Iran
Received 27 July 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Gil and A. M. Seayad
Copyright © 2012 Seyfolah Saedodin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. A. Nield and A. Bejan, Convection in Porous Media, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1999.
- A. E. Bergles, R. L. Webb, G. H. Junkhan, and Jensen, “Bibliography on augmentation of convective heat and mass transfer,” Report HTL-19 ISU–ERI–AMES–79206, lowa State University, 1979.
- G. H. Junkhan, A. E. Bergles, and R. L. Webb, “Research workshop on energy conservation through enhanced heat transfer,” Report HTL-21 ISU-ERI-AMES-80063, lowa State University, 1979.
- R. J. Duffin, “A variational problem relating to cooling fins,” Journal of Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 8, pp. 47–56, 1959.
- D. Poulikakos and A. Bejan, “Fin geometry for minimum entropy generation in forced convection,” Transactions of the ASME, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 616–623, 1982.
- C. J. Maday, “The minimum weight one-dimensional straight fin,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 161–165, 1974.
- S. Guceri and C. J. Maday, “A least weight circular cooling fin,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 1190–1193, 1975.
- P. Razeols and K. Imre, “The optimum dimensions of circular fins with variable thermal parameters,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 102, pp. 420–425, 1980.
- D. Q. Kern and A. D. Kraus, Extended Surface Heat Transfer, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- A. D. Kraus and A. D. Snider, “New parameterizations for heat transfer in fins and spines,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 415–419, 1980.
- J. Szargut, “International progress in second law analysis,” Energy, vol. 5, no. 8-9, pp. 709–718, 1980.
- J. Kestin, “Availability: the concept and associated terminology,” Energy, vol. 5, no. 8-9, pp. 679–692, 1980.
- B. N. Taufiq, H. H. Masjuki, T. M. I. Mahlia, R. Saidur, M. S. Faizul, and E. Niza Mohamad, “Second law analysis for optimal thermal design of radial fin geometry by convection,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 8-9, pp. 1363–1370, 2007.
- M. Bidi, M. R. H. Nobari, and M. S. Avval, “A numerical evaluation of combustion in porous media by EGM (Entropy Generation Minimization),” Energy, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 3483–3500, 2010.
- R. S. Kaluri and T. Basak, “Entropy generation due to natural convection in discretely heated porous square cavities,” Energy, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 5065–5080, 2011.
- A. Bejan, Entropy Generation Minimization, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- A. Žukauskas, “Heat transfer from tubes in crossflow,” Advances in Heat Transfer, vol. 8, pp. 93–160, 1972.
- B. Gebhart, Heat Transfer, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1971.