- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Computer Graphics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 248285, 11 pages
Image Retrieval Based on Content Using Color Feature
Computer Engineering Department, Islamic University of Gaza, 108 Gaza, Palestine
Received 9 December 2011; Accepted 2 January 2012
Academic Editors: T. Calvert and S. Yokoi
Copyright © 2012 Ahmed J. Afifi and Wesam M. Ashour. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Eakins and M. Graham, “Content-based image retrieval,” A Report to the JISC Technology Applications Programme, Institute for image database research, University of Northumbria, Newcastle, UK, 1999.
- H. Tamura and N. Yokoya, “Image database systems: a survey,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 29–43, 1984.
- B. Jerome, V. Regine, and S. Georges, A Signature Based on Delaunay Graph and Co-Occurrence Matrix, Laboratoire Informatique et Systematique, Universiyt of Paris, Paris, France, 2002.
- F. Long, H. Zhang, H. Dagan, and D. Feng, “Fundamentals of content based image retrieval,” in Multimedia Information Retrieval and Management, D. Feng, W. Siu, and H. Zhang, Eds., Multimedia Signal Processing Book, chapter 1, pp. 1–26, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- M. Flickner, H. Sawhney, W. Niblack et al., “Query by image and video content: the QBIC system,” IEEE Computer, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 23–32, 1995.
- A. Gupta and R. Jain, “Visual information retrieval,” Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 70–79, 1997.
- S. Mukherjea, K. Hirata, and Y. Hara, “AMORE: a world wide web image retrieval engine,” World Wide Web, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 115–132, 1999.
- A. Pentland, R. W. Picard, and S. Sclaroff, “Photobook: content-based manipulation of image databases,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 233–254, 1996.
- C. Carson, M. Thomas, S. Belongie, J. M. Hellerstein, and J. Malik, “Blobworld: a system for region-based image indexing and retrieval,” in Proceedings of the Visual Information Systems, pp. 509–516, June 1999.
- J. Smith and S. Chang, “Visualseek: a fully automated content-based image query system,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Multimedia Conference & Exhibition, pp. 87–98, Boston, Mass, USA, November 1996.
- W. Y. Ma and B. S. Manjunath, “Netra: a toolbox for navigating large image databases,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 568–571, October 1997.
- J. Wang, G. Wiederhold, O. Firschein, and X. Sha, “Content-based image indexing and searching using daubechies' wavelets,” International Journal on Digital Libraries, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 311–328, 1998.
- M. A. Stricker and A. Dimai, “Color indexing with weak spatial constraints,” in Proceedings of the Storage and Retrieval for Still Image and Video Databases IV Conference, vol. 2670 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 29–40, San Diego, Calif, USA, February 1996.
- R. Stehling, M. Nascimento, and A. Falcao, “On shapes of colors for content-based image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the ACM Workshops on Multimedia Conference, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, November 2000.
- J. L. Shih and L. H. Chen, “Colour image retrieval based on primitives of colour moments,” IEE Proceedings, vol. 149, no. 6, pp. 370–374, 2002.
- D. Zhang, “Improving image retrieval performance by using both color and texture features,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 3rd International Conference on Image and Graphics (ICIG '04), pp. 172–175, Hong Kong, December 2004.
- Y. Mahdy, K. Shaaban, and A. Abd El-Rahim, “Image retrieval based on content,” Journal of Graphics, Vision and Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2006.
- C. H. Lin, R. T. Chen, and Y. K. Chan, “A smart content-based image retrieval system based on color and texture feature,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 658–665, 2009.
- Y. K. Chan and C. Y. Chen, “Image retrieval system based on color-complexity and color-spatial features,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 71, no. 1-2, pp. 65–70, 2004.
- M. R. Mustaffa, F. Ahmad, R. W. O. K. Rahmat, and R. Mahmod, “Content-based image retrieval based on color-spatial features,” Malaysian Journal of Computer Science, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2008.
- H. Kekre and D. Mishra, “CBIR using upper six FFT sectors of color images for feature vector generation,” International Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 49–54, 2010.
- N. Sharma, P. Rawa, and J. Singh, “Efficient CBIR using color histogram processing,” Signal & Image Processing, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 94, 2011.
- M. Porat and Y. Y. Zeevi, “The generalized Gabor scheme of image representation in biological and machine vision,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 452–468, 1988.
- F. Smeraldi, “Ranklets: orientation selective non-parametric features applied to face detection,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 379–382, 2002.
- E. L. Lehmann, Nonparametrics: Statistical Methods Based on Ranks, Holden-Day, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1995.
- R. Datta, J. Li, and J. Wang, “Content-based image retrieval—approaches and trends of the new age,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 40, no. 2, article 5, pp. 1–60, 2008.
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures in Wavelets, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.
- M. Masotti, “A ranklet-based image representation for mass classification in digital mammograms,” Medical Physics, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 3951–3961, 2006.
- M. Stricker and M. Orengo, “Similarity of color images,” in Storage and Retrieval for Image and Video Databases III, vol. 2420 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 381–392, February 1995.
- V. Murthy, E. Vamsidhar, J. Kumar, and P. Sankara, “Content based image retrieval using hierarchical and K-means clustering techniques,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 209–212, 2010.
- P. Jeyanthi and V. J. S. Kumar, “Image classification by K-means clustering,” Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- J. Z. Wang, “Wang database,” 2010, http://wang.ist.psu.edu/.
- Y. Liu, D. Zhang, G. Lu, and W. Y. Ma, “A survey of content-based image retrieval with high-level semantics,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 262–282, 2007.
- N. Jhanwar, S. Chaudhuri, G. Seetharaman, and B. Zavidovique, “Content based image retrieval using motif cooccurrence matrix,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 22, no. 14, pp. 1211–1220, 2004.
- P. W. Huang and S. K. Dai, “Image retrieval by texture similarity,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 665–679, 2003.
- M. B. Rao, B. P. Rao, and A. Govardhan, “CTDCIRS: content based image retrieval system based on dominant color and texture features,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 40–46, 2011.