- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 252846, 5 pages
The Correlation between Diffusion-Weighted Imaging and Histopathological Evaluation of 356 Prostate Biopsy Sites in Patients with Prostatic Diseases
1Department of Urology, II Clinic, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Radiology, I Clinic, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
3Department of Urology, I Clinic, Ankara Numune Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 7 May 2012
Academic Editors: A. M. El-Assmy and A. Papatsoris
Copyright © 2012 R. Kilinç et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. L. Parker, T. Tong, S. Bolden, and P. A. Wingo, “Cancer statistics, 1997,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 5–27, 1997.
- B. A. Wilkinson and F. C. Hamdy, “State-of-the-art staging in prostate cancer,” BJU International, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 423–430, 2001.
- M. K. Brawer, “Prostate-specific antigen: current status,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 264–281, 1999.
- C. R. Pound, A. W. Partin, J. I. Epstein, and P. C. Walsh, “Prostate-specific antigen after anatomic radical retropubic prostatectomy: patterns of recurrence and cancer control,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 395–406, 1997.
- A. Tanimoto, J. Nakashima, H. Kohno, H. Shinmoto, and S. Kuribayashi, “Prostate cancer screening: the clinical value of diffusion-weighted imaging and dynamic MR imaging in combination with T2-weighted imaging,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 146–152, 2007.
- V. Kumar, N. R. Jagannathan, R. Kumar et al., “Apparent diffusion coefficient of the prostate in men prior to biopsy: determination of a cut-off value to predict malignancy of the peripheral zone,” NMR in Biomedicine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 505–511, 2007.
- H. Kajihara, Y. Hayashida, R. Murakami et al., “Usefulness of diffusion-weighted imaging in the localization of prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 399–403, 2009.
- Ö. Kılıçkesmez, T. Cimilli, E. İnci et al., “Diffusion-weighted MRI of urinary bladder and prostate cancers,” Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 104–110, 2009.
- I. M. Thompson, D. K. Pauler, P. J. Goodman et al., “Prevalence of prostate cancer among men with a prostate-specific antigen level ng per milliliter,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 350, no. 22, pp. 2239–2246, 2004.
- J. P. Richie, W. J. Catalona, F. R. Ahmann et al., “Effect of patient age on early detection of prostate cancer with serum prostate-specific antigen and digital rectal examination,” Urology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 365–374, 1993.
- H. B. Carter and W. Partin, “Diagnosis and Staging of prostate Cancer,” in Campbell’s Urology, P. C. Walsh, A. B. Retik, A. J. Wein, and E. D. Vaughan, Eds., pp. 3055–3079, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 8th edition, 2002.
- Y. J. Choi, J. K. Kim, N. Kim, W. K. Kim, E. K. Choi, and K. S. Cho, “Functional MR imaging of prostate cancer,” Radiographics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 63–75, 2007.
- K. Hosseinzadeh and S. D. Schwarz, “Endorectal diffusion-weighted imaging in prostate cancer to differentiate malignant and benign peripheral zone tissue,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 654–661, 2004.
- C. Sato, S. Naganawa, T. Nakamura et al., “Differentiation of noncancerous tissue and cancer lesion by apparent diffusion coefficient values in transition and peripheral zones of the prostate,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 258–262, 2005.
- B. Issa, “In vivo measurement of the apparent diffusion coefficient in normal and malignant prostatic tissues using echo-planar imaging,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 196–200, 2002.
- T. Tamada, T. Sone, Y. Jo et al., “Apparent diffusion coefficient values in peripheral and transition zones of the prostate: comparison between normal and malignant prostatic tissues and correlation with histologic grade,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 720–726, 2008.
- K. Yoshimitsu, K. Kiyoshima, H. Irie et al., “Usefulness of apparent diffusion coefficient map in diagnosing prostate carcinoma: correlation with stepwise histopathology,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 132–139, 2008.