- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Renewable Energy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 282538, 5 pages
Designing and Evaluating an Innovative Solar Air Collector with Transpired Absorber and Cover
Department of Agricultural Engineering, Shiraz University, Iran
Received 29 April 2012; Accepted 8 July 2012
Academic Editors: E. R. Bandala and S. Rehman
Copyright © 2012 Ali Zomorodian and Maryam Zamanian. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Duffie and W. A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, John Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- A. A. Mohamad, “High efficiency solar air heater,” Solar Energy, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 71–76, 1997.
- H. Fechner and O. Bucek, “Investigations on several series produced collectors,” Renewable Energy, vol. 28, pp. 293–302, 1998.
- J. P. Chiou, M. M. El-Wakil, and J. A. Duffie, “A slit-and -expanded aluminum-foil matrix solar collector,” Solar Energy, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 73–80, 1965.
- W. A. Beckman, “Radiation and convection heat transfer in a porous bed,” Journal of Engineering for Power, vol. 90, pp. 51–54, 1968.
- Y. H. Hamid and W. A. Beckman, “Performance of air- cooled radatively heated,” 1971.
- R. Collier, “The characterization of crushed glass as a transpired air heating solar collector material,” in Proceedings of the Silver Jubilee Congress, vol. 1, pp. 264–268, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1979.
- S. N. Singh, R. C. Birkebak, and R. M. Drake, “Laminar free convection heat transfer from downward-facing horizontal surfaces of finite dimensions,” Progress in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 2, pp. 87–98, 1969.
- R. K. Swartman and O. Ogunlade, “An investigation on packed-bed collectors,” Solar Energy, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 106–110, 1966.
- N. K. Bansal, A. Boettcher, and R. Uhlemann, “Performance of plastic solar air heating collector with a porous absorber,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 375–384, 1983.
- A. A. Zomorodian, J. L. Woods, and M. H. Raoufat, “Performance characteristics of a transpired solar air heater,” Iran Agricultural Research, vol. 20, pp. 139–154, 2001.
- A. Whillier, “Performance of black-painted solar air heaters of conventional design,” Solar Energy, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 1964.
- A. Sotudeh, Numerical 3-D simulation of airflow along heat transfer from porous absorber under suction with different angle [M.S. dissertation], Mechanic College, University of Shiraz, 2002.
- A. Razavikhosroshahi, Numerical simulation study on heat transfer of porous absorber solar air collector with parallel airflow [M.S. dissertation], Mechanic College, University of Shiraz, 2003.
- A. Zomorodian and M. Barati, “Efficient solar air heater with perforated absorber for crop drying,” Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, vol. 12, pp. 569–577, 2010.
- ISO 9806-2.1998. Test Methods for Solar Collectors-Part 2: Qualification Test Procedures First Edition.