- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 298694, 5 pages
Luminescence Properties of Eu- and Mg-Codoped Sol-Gel Glasses
1Department of Chemistry, University of Western Cape, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, South Africa
2Department of Physics, University of the Free State, Qwaqwa Campus, Private Bag X13, Phuthaditjhaba 9866, South Africa
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 18 April 2012
Academic Editors: V. Gurin, L. Y. Khomenkova, W. Łojkowski, W. Lu, K. Miyazawa, and Y. Zhang
Copyright © 2012 Martin O. Onani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. L. Hench and J. K. West, “The sol-gel process,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 33–72, 1990.
- A. P. Golovina, V. K. Runov, and N. B. Zorov, “Chemical luminescence analysis of inorganic substances,” in Ferrites. Transitions Elements Luminescence, vol. 47 of Structure & Bonding, pp. 53–119, 1981.
- H. Eilers and B. M. Tissue, “Laser spectroscopy of nanocrystalline Eu2O3 and Eu3+:Y2O3,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 251, no. 1-2, pp. 74–78, 1996.
- R. S. Meltzer, S. P. Feofilov, B. Tissue, and H. B. Yuan, “Dependence of fluorescence lifetimes of Y2O3:Eu3+ nanoparticles on the surrounding medium,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 20, pp. R14012–R14015, 1999.
- T. Igarashi, M. Ihara, T. Kusunoki, K. Ohno, T. Isobe, and M. Senna, “Relationship between optical properties and crystallinity of nanometer Y2O3: Eu phosphor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1549–1551, 2000.
- G. Wakefield, E. Holland, P. J. Dobson, and J. L. Hutchison, “Luminescence properties of nanocrystalline Y2O3:Eu,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 20, pp. 1557–1560, 2001.
- H. Peng, H. Song, B. Chen et al., “Temperature dependence of luminescent spectra and dynamics in nanocrystalline Y2O3:Eu3+,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 118, no. 7, pp. 3277–3282, 2003.
- M. Yu, J. Lin, J. Fu, and Y. C. Han, “Sol–gel fabrication, patterning and photoluminescent properties of LaPO4:Ce3+, Tb3+ nanocrystalline thin films,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 371, no. 1-2, pp. 178–183, 2003.
- K. A. Gschneidner Jr., J.-C. Bünzli, and V. K. Pecharsky, “Preface,” Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths, vol. 39, pp. 5–8, 2009.
- A. J. Silversmith, D. M. Boye, R. E. Anderman, and K. S. Brewer, “Fluorescence line narrowing and decay dynamics in sol-gel glasses containing Eu3+,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 94-95, pp. 275–278, 2001.
- L. F. Koao, H. C. Swart, E. Coetsee, M.-M. Biggs, and F. B. Dejene, “The effect of Mg2+ ions on the photoluminescence of Ce3+-doped silica,” Physica B, vol. 404, no. 22, pp. 4499–4503, 2009.
- X.-C. Jiang, C.-H. Yan, L.-D. Sun, Z.-G. Wei, and C.-S. Liao, “Hydrothermal homogeneous urea precipitation of hexagonal YBO3:Eu3+ nanocrystals with improved luminescent properties,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 175, no. 2, pp. 245–251, 2003.
- R. Reisfeld, A. Patra, G. Panczer, and M. Gaft, “Spectroscopic properties of cerium in sol-gel glasses,” Optical Materials, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 1999.
- C. Guo, F. Gao, Y. Xu, L. Liang, F.G. Shi, and B. Yan, “Efficient red phosphors Na5Ln(MoO4)4:Eu3+ (Ln =La, Gd and Y) for white LEDs,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 42, Article ID 095407, 2009.
- L. D. Carlos, R. A. Sá Ferreira, V. de Zea Bermudez, C. Molina, L. A. Bueno, and S. J. L. Ribeiro, “White light emission of Eu3+-based hybrid xerogels,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 14, pp. 10042–10053, 1999.
- O. L. Malta and L. D. Carlos, “Intensities of 4f-4f transitions in glass materials,” Quimica Nova, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 889–895, 2003.
- A. J. Silversmith, N. T. T. Nguyen, B. W. Sullivan, D. M. Boye, C. Ortiz, and K. R. Hoffman, “Rare-earth ion distribution in sol-gel glasses co-doped with Al3+,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 128, no. 5-6, pp. 931–933, 2008.
- D. M. Boye, A. J. Silversmith, T. N. Nguyen, and K. R. Hoffman, “Effects of rehydration on Tb3+ spectroscopy in sol-gel glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 353, no. 24-25, pp. 2350–2354, 2007.
- A. Monteil, S. Chaussedent, G. Alombert-Goget et al., “Clustering of rare earth in glasses, aluminum effect: experiments and modeling,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 348, pp. 44–50, 2004.