- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 309687, 8 pages
Control of Flexible Joint Manipulator via Reduced Rule-Based Fuzzy Control with Experimental Validation
1Control and Intelligent Processing Center of Excellence, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Control Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Received 5 August 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editor: L. Mikhailov
Copyright © 2012 Mojtaba Rostami Kandroodi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. W. Spong and M. Vidyasagar, Robot Dynamics and Control, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- S. E. Talole, J. P. Kolhe, and S. B. Phadke, “Extended-state-observer-based control of flexible-joint system with experimental validation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 4, Article ID 5210149, pp. 1411–1419, 2010.
- F. M. Botsali, M. Kalyoncu, M. Tinkir, and U. Onen, “Fuzzy logic trajectory control of flexible robot manipulator with rotating prismatic joint,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE '10), pp. 35–39, February 2010.
- M. A. Ahmad, “Vibration and input tracking control of flexible manipulator using LQR with non-collocated PID controller,” in Proceeding of 2nd UKSIM European Symposium on Computer Modelling and Simulation, pp. 40–45, September 2008.
- W. Yim, “Adaptive control of a flexible joint manipulator,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '01), pp. 3441–3446, May 2001.
- J. H. Oh and J. S. Lee, “Control of flexible joint robot system by backstepping design approach,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '97), vol. 4, pp. 3435–3440, April 1997.
- F. Ghorbel, J. Y. Hung, and M. W. Spong, “Adaptive control of flexible-joint manipulators,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 9–13, 1989.
- L. C. Lin and K. Yuan, “Control of flexible joint robots via external linearization approach,” Journal of Robotic Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2007.
- M. W. Spong, K. Khorasani, and P. V. Kokotovic, “An integral manifold approach to the feedback control of flexible joint robots,” IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 291–300, 1987.
- P. Tomei, “A simple PD controller for robots with elastic joints,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 1208–1213, 1991.
- J. S. Yeon and J. H. Park, “Practical robust control for flexible joint robot manipulators,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '08), pp. 3377–3382, May 2008.
- M. A. Ahmad, R. M. T. Raja Ismail, M. S. Ramli, and M. A. Zawawi, “Elastic joint control using non-collocated fuzzy and filtering scheme: a comparative assessment,” in Proceedings of the 4th Asia International Conference on Mathematical/Analytical Modelling and Computer Simulation, pp. 366–371, May 2010.
- M. A. Ahmad, M. H. Suid, M. S. Ramli, M. A. Zawawi, and R. M. T. Raja Ismail, “PD fuzzy logic with non-collocated PID approach for vibration control of flexible joint manipulator,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and Its Applications (CSPA '10), May 2010.
- A. Jnifene and W. Andrews, “Experimental study on active vibration control of a single-link flexible manipulator using tools of fuzzy logic and neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1200–1208, 2005.
- M. A. Ahmad, R. M. T. Raja Ismail, M. S. Ramli, M. A. Zawawi, N. Hambali, and N. M. Abd Ghani, “Vibration control of flexible joint manipulator using input shaping with PD-type fuzzy logic control,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '09), pp. 1184–1189, July 2009.
- M. A. Ahmad, R. M. T. R. Ismail, and M. S. Ramli, “Optimal control with input shaping for input tracking and vibration suppression of a flexible joint manipulator,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 584–600, 2009.
- M. A. Ahmad, M. S. Ramli, R. M. T. Raja Ismail, N. Hambali, and M. A. Zawawi, “The investigations of input shaping with optimal state feedback for vibration control of a flexible joint manipulator,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems and Industrial Applications (CITISIA '09), pp. 446–451, July 2009.
- F. Farivar, M. A. Nekoui, M. A. Shoorehdeli, and M. Teshnehlab, “Sliding mode control of flexible joint using Gaussian Radial Basis Function Neural Networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering (ICCEE '08), pp. 856–860, December 2008.
- S. Ozgoli and H. D. Taghirad, “Design of composite control for flexible joint robots with saturating actuators,” in Proceedings of the 5th Iranian Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 75–82, 2004.
- M. R. Kandroodi, F. Farivar, M. Z. Pedram, and M. A. Shoorehdeli, “Variable structure control and anti-control of flexible joint manipulator with experimental validation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intemational Conference on Mechatronics, pp. 294–299, 2011.
- H. Chaoui, P. Sicard, and A. Lakhsasi, “Reference model supervisory loop for neural network based adaptive control of a flexible joint with hard nonlinearities,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 2029–2034, May 2004.
- D. Hui, S. Fuchun, and S. Zengqi, “Observer-based adaptive controller design of flexible manipulators using time-delay neuro-fuzzy networks,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 453–466, 2002.
- B. Subudhi and A. S. Morris, “Singular perturbation based neuro-H∞ control scheme for a manipulator with flexible links and joints,” Robotica, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 151–161, 2006.
- “Quanser Student Handout, Rotary Flexible Joint Module,” http://www.quanser.com.