- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 346510, 6 pages
Cassia tora Linn Cream Inhibits Ultraviolet-B-Induced Psoriasis in Rats
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jaipur National University, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302025, India
Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editors: G. Chodorowska and A. Zalewska
Copyright © 2012 Manmohan Singhal and Niraj Kansara. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Lowes, A. M. Bowcock, and J. G. Krueger, “Pathogenesis and therapy of psoriasis,” Nature, vol. 445, no. 7130, pp. 866–873, 2007.
- N. J. Lowe, “Psoriasis therapy: a current perspective,” Western Journal of Medicine, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 184–189, 1983.
- M. Lebwohl, P. T. Ting, and J. Y. M. Koo, “Psoriasis treatment: traditional therapy,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. ii83–ii86, 2005.
- C. P. Khare, Indian Medicinal Plants: An Illustrated Dictionary, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- J. A. Duke, Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, CRC Press, Florida, Fla, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- T. K. Maity, S. C. Mandal, T. Bhakta, M. Pal, and B. P. Saha, “Metabolism of 1,8-dihydroxy 3-hydroxy methyl anthraquinone (Aloe-emodin) isolated from the leaves of Cassia tora in albino rats,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 459–460, 2001.
- S. S. Handa, S. Preet, S. Khanuja, G. Longo, and D. D. Rakesh, Extraction Technologies for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, International Centre for Science and High Technology, Trieste, Italy, 2008.
- S. Saraf and S. Saraf, Cosmetics: A Practical Manual, Pharma Med Press, Hyderabad, India, 2nd edition, 2009.
- OECD, Test No. 402: Acute Dermal Toxicity, OECD Guidelines for Testing of Chemicals, Section 4, OECD Publishing, Paris, France, 1987.
- H. Nakaguma, T. Kambara, and T. Yamamoto, “Rat ultraviolet ray B photodermatitis: An experimental model of psoriasis vulgaris,” International Journal of Experimental Pathology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 65–73, 1995.