- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 373215, 6 pages
Simple Methods for the Spectrophotometric Determination of Carvedilol
Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Chemistry, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri, Karnataka, Mangalore 574 199, India
Received 30 August 2012; Accepted 14 October 2012
Academic Editors: F. Cataldo, C. Kosmidis, and G. Schenk
Copyright © 2012 Divya N. Shetty and B. Narayana. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. T. Vanderhoff, H. M. Ruppel, and P. B. Amsterdam, “Carvedilol: the new role of beta blockers in congestive heart failure,” American Family Physician, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 1627–1639, 1998.
- F. Varin, L. X. Cubeddu, and J. R. Powell, “Liquid chromatographic assay and disposition of carvedilol in healthy volunteers,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1195–1197, 1986.
- N. Hokama, N. Hobara, H. Kameya, S. Ohshiro, and M. Sakanashi, “Rapid and simple micro-determination of carvedilol in rat plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 732, no. 1, pp. 233–238, 1999.
- P. Ptáček, J. Macek, and J. Klíma, “Liquid chromatographic determination of carvedilol in human plasma,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 789, no. 2, pp. 405–410, 2003.
- E. J. Eisenberg, W. R. Patterson, and G. C. Kahn, “High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the simultaneous determination of the enantiomers of carvedilol and its O-desmethyl metabolite in human plasma after chiral derivatization,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 493, no. 1, pp. 105–115, 1989.
- R. Rathod, L. P. C. Prasad, S. Rani, M. Nivsarkar, and H. Padh, “Estimation of carvedilol in human plasma by using HPLC-fluorescence detector and its application to pharmacokinetic study,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 857, no. 2, pp. 219–223, 2007.
- R. Gannu, V. V. Yamsani, and Y. M. Rao, “New RP-HPLC method with UV-detection for the determination of carvedilol in human serum,” Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1677–1685, 2007.
- L. Clohs and K. M. McErlane, “Comparison between capillary electrophoresis and high-performance liquid chromatography for the stereoselective analysis of carvedilol in serum,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 407–412, 2003.
- H. Y. Wang, Y. Xiao, J. Han, and X. S. Chang, “Simultaneous determination of dopamine and carvedilol in human serum and urine by first-order derivative fluorometry,” Analytical Sciences, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1281–1285, 2005.
- A. Radi and T. Elmogy, “Differential pulse voltammetric determination of carvedilol in tablets dosage form using glassy carbon electrode,” Farmaco, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 43–46, 2005.
- H. S. Yathirajan, S. Bindya, T. V. Sreevidya, B. Narayana, and M. Bolte, “A second polymorph of carvedilol,” Acta Crystallographica Section E, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. o542–o544, 2007.
- P. S. Jain, G. S. Talele, S. G. Talele, and S. J. Surana, “Spectrophotometric determination of carvedilol from bulk and formulations,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 358–359, 2005.
- G. Chaurasia, D. Bhadra, S. Bhadra, and N. K. Jain, “UV spectrophotometric determination of carvedilol,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 606–608, 2005.
- J. Verma and H. Syed, “Extractive spectrophotometric method for determination of carvedilol in tablets,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 303–304, 2007.
- T. V. Sreevidya and B. Narayana, “Simple and facile methods for the determination of carvedilol in Pharmaceuticals,” Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 74–78, 2009.
- J. N. Miller and J. C. Miller, Statistics and Chemometrics for Analytical Chemistry, Prentice Hall, 4th edition, 2005.