- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 375134, 6 pages
Bioequivalence Study of Modified-Release Gliclazide Tablets in Healthy Volunteers
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 26 June 2012; Accepted 16 August 2012
Academic Editors: G. M. Campo, T. B. Vree, K. Wada, and S.-N. Wu
Copyright © 2012 Noppamas Rojanasthien et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. B. Campbell, R. Lavielle, and C. Nathan, “The mode of action and clinical pharmacology of gliclazide: A review,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, vol. 14, supplement 2, pp. S21–S36, 1991.
- K. J. Palmer and R. N. Brogden, “Gliclazide—an update of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus,” Drugs, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 92–125, 1993.
- K. G. Alberti, “Gliclazide: review of metabolic and vascular action,” Diabète & Métabolisme, vol. 20, no. 3, part 2, pp. 341–348, 1994 (French).
- P. E. Jennings, “From hemobiology to vascular disease: a review of the potential of gliclazide to influence the pathogenesis of diabetic vascular disease,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 226–230, 1994.
- G. Schernthaner, “Gliclazide modified release: a critical review of pharmacodynamic, metabolic, and vasoprotective effects,” Metabolism, vol. 52, no. 8, supplement 1, pp. 29–34, 2003.
- A. Harrower, “Gliclazide modified release: from once-daily administration to 24-hour blood glucose control,” Metabolism, vol. 49, no. 10, supplement 2, pp. 7–11, 2000.
- P. Drouin, “Diamicron®MR once daily is effective and well tolerated in type 2 diabetes: a double-blind, randomized, multinational study,” Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 185–191, 2000.
- J. K. McGavin, C. M. Perry, and K. L. Goa, “Gliclazide modified release,” Drugs, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 1357–1364, 2002.
- P. Delrat, M. Paraire, and R. Jochemsen, “Complete bioavailability and lack of food-effect on pharmacokinetics of gliclazide 30 mg modified release in healthy volunteers,” Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 151–157, 2002.
- F. Ishibashi and S. Takashina, “The effect of timing on gliclazide absorption and action,” Hiroshima Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 7–9, 1990.
- J. F. Yang, G. L. Wei, R. Lu, C. X. Liu, B. Z. Zheng, and P. Feng, “Bioavailability of gliclazide sustained release tablet in healthy volunteers,” Asian Journal of Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 153–160, 2006.
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Guidance for Industry, Food-Effect Bioavailability and Fed Bioequivalence Studies, US FDA, 2002.
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Guidance for Industry, Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Studies for Orally Administered Drug Products-General Considerations, US FDA, 2003.
- H. Noguchi, N. Tomita, S. Naruto, and S. Nakano, “Determination of gliclazide in serum by high-performance liquid chromatography using solid-phase extraction,” Journal of Chromatography, vol. 583, no. 2, pp. 266–269, 1992.