- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Communications and Networking
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 383218, 11 pages
Key Management Schemes for Multilayer and Multiple Simultaneous Secure Group Communication
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka 572103, India
2Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh 506004, India
Received 22 March 2012; Accepted 18 April 2012
Academic Editors: G. Horng and H.-L. Wei
Copyright © 2012 R. Aparna and B. B. Amberker. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. R. Dondeti, S. Mukherjee, and A. Samal, “Survey and comparison of secure group communciation protocols,” Tech. Rep., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1999.
- T. Hardjono and G. Tsudik, “IP multicast security: issues and directions,” Annales De Taleum, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 324–340, 2000.
- M. J. Moyer, J. R. Rao, and P. Rohatgi, “A Survey of security issues in multicast communications,” IEEE Network, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 12–23, 1999.
- Y. Amir, Y. Kim, C. Nita-Rotaru, J. L. Schultz, J. Stanton, and G. Tsudik, “Secure group communication using robust contributory key agreement,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 468–480, 2004.
- Y. Amir, C. Danilov, M. Miskin-Amir, J. Schultz, and J. Stanton, “The spread toolkit: architecture and performance,” Tech. Rep. CNDS-2004-1, Johns Hopkins University, 2004.
- M. Waldvogel, G. Caronni, D. Sun, N. Weiler, and B. Plattner, “The versakey framework: versatile group key management,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 1614–1631, 1999.
- C. K. Wong, M. Gouda, and S. S. Lam, “Secure group communications using key graphs,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 16–30, 2000.
- C. K. Wong, S. S. Lam, and Keystone, “A group key management service,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Telecommunications, Acapulco, Mexico, May 2000.
- D. A. McGrew and A. T. Sherman, “Key establishment in large dynamic groups using one-way function trees,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 444–458, 2003.
- S. Rafaeli and D. Hutchison, “A survey of key management for secure group communication,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 309–329, 2003.
- C. Blundo, A. de Santis, A. Herzberg, S. Kutten, U. Vaccaro, and M. Yung, “Perfectly secure key distribution for dynamic conferences,” in Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO'92, vol. 740 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 471–486, 1993.
- S. M. Iolus, “A framework for scalable secure multicasting,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM, vol. 27, pp. 277–288, ACM, NewYork, NY, USA, September 1997.
- A. Fiat and M. Naor, “Broadcast encryption,” in Proceedings of 13th Annual International Cryptology Conference (CRYPTO '93), D. R. Stinson, Ed., pp. 480–491, August 1993.
- A. T. Sherman and D. A. McGrew, “Key establishment in large dynamic groups using one-way function trees,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 444–458, 2003.
- D. Wallner, E. Harder, and R. Agee, “Key Management for Multicast: Issues and Architectures,” Request For Comments (Informational) 2627, Internet Engineering Task Force, June 1999.
- A. M. Eskicioglu and M. R. Eskicioglu, “Multicast security using key graphs and secret sharing,” in Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Wireless LANS and Home Networks and Networking, pp. 228–241, Atlanta, Ga, USA, August 2002.
- A. M. Eskicioglu, S. Dexter, and E. J. Delp, “Protection of multicast scalable video by secret sharing: simulation results,” in Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Content V, Proceedings of SPIE, Santa Clara, Calif, USA, January 2003.
- H. R. Hassan, A. Bouabdallah, H. Bettahar, and Y. Challal, “An efficient key management algorithm for hierarchical group communication,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communications Networks (SECURECOMM '05), pp. 270–276, grc, September 2005.
- Y. Sun and K. J. R. Liu, “Scalable hierarchical access control in secure group communications,” in Proceedings of 23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communication Societies (INFOCOM '04), March 2004.
- Y. Sun and K. J. R. Liu, “Multi-layer key management for secure multimedia multicast communications,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '03), July 2003.
- S. Dexter, R. Belostotskiy, and A. M. Eskicioglu, “Multi-layer multicast key management with threshold cryptography,” in Proceedings of the Security, Steganography and Watermarking of Multimedia Content VI, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 2004.
- R. Aparna and B. B. Amberker, “Key management scheme for multi-layer secure group communication,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS '09), January 2009.
- R. Aparna and B. B. Amberker, “Key management scheme for multiple simultaneous secure group communication,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Internet Multimedia Services Architecture and Applications (IMSAA '09), December 2009.